Hello.

Originally posted by kuifje75
I teach 3 ASL classes too, and I don't have a degree in it either.
I have tutored ppl in ASL for years, and I used that as my experience on résumé too. What do you think would be the hardest part of teaching ASL class? Curious to know what you think.

The hardest part of teaching ASL is to start in the very first class without knowing who the students are.

Originally posted by prettybebe78
comin up with which easy or hard to teach first and make homework for it that wud be complicated for me :eek: but it's interestin to know some teachers teach without a degree u know? :)

You can't be teacher/professsional if you don't have BA degree or above. You can always being assite for teacher/professional. it's against the policy in ISD/college

Originally posted by sweetstrawberry
HOWDY!! WELCOME TO AD2! :wave: I know you don't know me but just be say HIIIIIIIIIIIIII to you! :cheers:

Heh. Howdy from the Wild Old West! ;)

Originally posted by illustrator
You can't be teacher/professsional if you don't have BA degree or above. You can always being assite for teacher/professional. it's against the policy in ISD/college

Actually I DO have a BA degree, but not in Deaf studies or ASL. :/

But yeah, Cheleler made it sense, 'cos it is not an accreditated course. So, it is in the same concept as, say, an artist with no training but talent/knowledge in art, teaching bunch of students how to draw. It is for fun.

Originally posted by kuifje75
Actually I DO have a BA degree, but not in Deaf studies or ASL. :/

But yeah, Cheleler made it sense, 'cos it is not an accreditated course. So, it is in the same concept as, say, an artist with no training but talent/knowledge in art, teaching bunch of students how to draw. It is for fun.

Right on, it's just for fun for me. ;) Also, it's for me to test myself to see if I like it as a career or not. If so, then I may think about going back to school to learn more into education programs. Ya with me here?

Oh wow! This thread is soooo old and still here! A lot have changed since then. Wow. I'm surprised that this thread is still here. I thought it would be deleted a long time ago. LOL!

Anyways, HOWDY all new and old Alldeaf members! How's life treating ya? I've been busy being a full time mom and working a part time job. My three sons are growing so fast! One is in HS already, one is in JHS, and last one is still in elementary school. Whoo hoo! They have been real good with me, Praise the Lord for that! Hope all's well with you all! God bless you and yours!

Who else scrolled through this thread to see who had dragged it back up? :lol:

I did. Oink. Don't want to start a new thread just saying Hello. :P Thankies very much for noticing. :laugh2:

Welcomies to AD, Oink, since I noticed that you're 'brand new' to AD. :laugh2: Enjoy!

Haha, thanks for my first welcome to Alldeaf!

And I'm not THAT 'brand new' to Alldeaf.... Am I? :lol:

Can you picture yourself coming back and posting here in 2023? lol

You gotta stay around if you are interest in discussing topics here on AD. We all would like to know what you are thinking about subjects or topics that many OPs want to know or want to make discussion here. Join us when you can. :)

You gotta stay around if you are interest in discussing topics here on AD. We all would like to know what you are thinking about subjects or topics that many OPs want to know or want to make discussion here. Join us when you can. :)

Thankies, and I will do my best. I read posts more than I post my lines in here though. ^_^ God bless!

Back