AysunnyWonderfulDay

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm Aysun and I've been having some trouble with my hearing since my teens. I'm actually not deaf. Just wanted to clear that out. But my family have a history of losing our hearing just like what happened to my dad in his early 40's and my mom just recently with one of her ears. I'm not sure if it's because of our lifestyle or if our ears are just prone to deafness. My dad used to be a mechanic and a metalworker and he always say that he lost his hearing because of this but my mom's lifestyle is completely different, totally opposite to what my dad did, as she worked in a small bookstore we owned for almost 3 decades. That's where my story comes in... I turned 30 years old last year and I started experiencing sound sensitivity and tinnitus just after that. I did have my emo phase as a young girl. I used to have a band from 2006 to 2015 but I didn't experience any trouble with my ears during those emo days. Well, I actually don't know what to do now. I just want to avoid losing my hearing in my 30s or ever... What do you guys think should I do other than getting my ears checked? I'm currently broke. LOL!

Thanks and I hope you're all doing well.

welcome. l'm losing my hearing too. My left hearing loss is through 2 ear ops but just found out my good right hearing loss is unexplained at the moment. She told me they need to find out why its happening as its going too fast. That test was 3 weeks ago but we can get them free in UK. Is there no way you can get them checked where you live ? If you have to pay is there possible there is a charity that can help cost. l would really try as you are still young and they will be able to tell you whats going on as there can be different reasons why its happening.

Hey Aysun, welcome to Alldeaf

You don't state where you're from, here in the UK hearing aids & hearing related problems can be dealt with through the NHS ( National Health service)which is free, paid through our taxes.

Might be worth checking around for free or afford services or charities, that may help, maybe Googling healthcare in your area, you never know what you might find, I found various help services via the internet, I never knew existed, like free bus passes for the deaf, wish you all the luck in finding some support you need.:)

Hearing isn't all it's cracked up to be :smoking: I know it's what we're us to, try not talking for a day or three, unless you have to , try it for a year that's how long it will take you to understand :hug:

welcome. l'm losing my hearing too. My left hearing loss is through 2 ear ops but just found out my good right hearing loss is unexplained at the moment. She told me they need to find out why its happening as its going too fast. That test was 3 weeks ago but we can get them free in UK. Is there no way you can get them checked where you live ? If you have to pay is there possible there is a charity that can help cost. l would really try as you are still young and they will be able to tell you whats going on as there can be different reasons why its happening.
As of now, I actually don't know what to do. I live alone and I'm a bit broke because I got laid-off last November 2020 and I only started working again last May. I might ask my parents for some financial help though if I really need to get checked. I've been planning on buying custom fitted earplugs these past few days. I might start wearing those first and check if there will be some changes.

Hey Aysun, welcome to Alldeaf

You don't state where you're from, here in the UK hearing aids & hearing related problems can be dealt with through the NHS ( National Health service)which is free, paid through our taxes.

Might be worth checking around for free or afford services or charities, that may help, maybe Googling healthcare in your area, you never know what you might find, I found various help services via the internet, I never knew existed, like free bus passes for the deaf, wish you all the luck in finding some support you need.:)
Oh, sorry about that. I'm from the U.S.

Health care here is a bit too expensive for us immigrants.

Hearing isn't all it's cracked up to be :smoking: I know it's what we're us to, try not talking for a day or three, unless you have to , try it for a year that's how long it will take you to understand :hug:
But I'm a social creature.:gossip: I just can't stop socializing. I do live alone though. Might try to give my self some quiet time from now on.

Nights of Columbus helped my youngest sister with eye problem but she was child know not if they help adults:type: you rual, small town, big city? We have schools Tex., Florida, Con., Cal.,Ora.,Dakotas, Denver... Maybe they have outreach or counsel, connections, we have ElletheEncorager here, if we knew where your near we might know of resources:ily:

Back