Hello

BBsmiles

Reaction score
I'm a hearing person
My mom is very HOH/deaf without hearing aids
I've had an interest in deaf culture/ ASL for a long time & took an ASL class around 2010.
I've met a couple of deaf individuals and when I was interning as a phlebotomist I had a couple of deaf patients, with an interpreter. Before we draw blood we have to ask them their date of birth & to spell their last name. I was able to ask them those questions, but now I can't remember much beyond the very basics.

Hiya! It’s great you were able to communicate a bit with your deaf clientele. Remembering just takes practice. If you want to, looking for a local meet-up is a good place to start.

Hiya! It’s great you were able to communicate a bit with your deaf clientele. Remembering just takes practice. If you want to, looking for a local meet-up is a good place to start.
I live in a very small town/Rural area so I'm not sure where or how to find a meetup. But I would love to work on my asl so I can communicate with deaf people.

I'm a hearing person
My mom is very HOH/deaf without hearing aids
I've had an interest in deaf culture/ ASL for a long time & took an ASL class around 2010.
I've met a couple of deaf individuals and when I was interning as a phlebotomist I had a couple of deaf patients, with an interpreter. Before we draw blood we have to ask them their date of birth & to spell their last name. I was able to ask them those questions, but now I can't remember much beyond the very basics.
One of my goals of this year is to make a deaf acquaintance and maybe even a friend

Back