Hello!

DeafAlex

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Alexandra. I am deaf since 8 years old. I got my first hearing aids a couple years ago. I have Naida UP's. I only have them on when I'm at work, as I'm a Preschool teacher and need to hear if something crashes, lol! Doesn't help me with voice at all, I read lips. I am 24 and just learning ASL. My birth parents never teach me. I go to college and use a Captionist until I learn ASL. I am new to Deaf community, I've connected with Deaf church at my regular church. I've stopped talking in public, only at home with my Dad and at school with Professors and friends. My Mom and I sign, she's learning with me. Anyway wanted to say Hi before I start posting.

Hi, I'm Alexandra. I am deaf since 8 years old. I got my first hearing aids a couple years ago. I have Naida UP's. I only have them on when I'm at work, as I'm a Preschool teacher and need to hear if something crashes, lol! Doesn't help me with voice at all, I read lips. I am 24 and just learning ASL. My birth parents never teach me. I go to college and use a Captionist until I learn ASL. I am new to Deaf community, I've connected with Deaf church at my regular church. I've stopped talking in public, only at home with my Dad and at school with Professors and friends. My Mom and I sign, she's learning with me. Anyway wanted to say Hi before I start posting.

Hey.

I have the Naida UPs as well. They help me hear some speech but like you I lipread and sign with my deaf friends.

There are many Naidas users on this forum, I am sure some of them will be round soon :)

Hello there, and I do have one Naida III up.

So enjoy your time here. :welcome:

Hey Alex, I am 26 hearing person and I am also currently trying to teach myself ASL. I have been chating with a few people here and there on skype. If you ever want to practice ASL and chat, feel free to add me. Have a happy late turkey day.

my sn is sc24evr.

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you have fun reading and posting here. See you around here. :wave:

Back