Hello

I know of one in Eastern Ky and that's the closest to me, but they are charging for classes and I don't have money to pay for them. Also, I won't be there for the entire summer to take the full courses...

I know many people budget rough! afford ASL dififcult

I look your area place if free course Eastern Ky I do research I search find out information, I am work search find out figure out place thinks out consider! I let know you few days!

ASL student

people expensive to high lots of cost to approx

depend on course course !

Summer Programs

Registration is now open for a variety of summer youth programs hosted by the Gallaudet University located just minutes away from historic Washington, DC! These programs blend excitement, education, and enjoyment in a bilingual environment rich in cultural diversity. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Check out youthprograms.gallaudet.edu.

I live too far away but they sound like great programs and they don't seem to expensive.

:hmm:

Cylly1, I am really confused about you and your attitude of being so bossy and demanded what you want us to do for you like learning to sign ASL and have no money for ASL class. If you are planning on going to Japan and other countries, then you could have enough money save to pay for ASL lessons with the live HOH or Deaf ASL teacher. We don't take any crap from your attitude like that. You sound just like we had a guy from Vietnam who was complaining about no money and want us to help him with money or whatever. We can not help you or the guy from Vietnam as we are all strangers. Get real. You are a newcomer. Just go and learn to sign in the real world. It is must better to learn to sign in person than trying to figure out how to sign from online ASL lessons. Don't be an obnoxious person. Yeah, sometime when you say something like this, you don't make any sense at all.

This place here is a Deaf forum and hearing people should respect us when we talk about Deaf subjects. A lot of time, hearing people don't want the truth about our experiences on deafness and Deaf Culture. The hearing people think they know all about deafness. Not true. That is why we can be blunt to make them understand our experiences as HOH/Deaf people.

:hmm:

Cylly1, I am really confused about you and your attitude of being so bossy and demanded what you want us to do for you like learning to sign ASL and have no money for ASL class. If you are planning on going to Japan and other countries, then you could have enough money save to pay for ASL lessons with the live HOH or Deaf ASL teacher. We don't take any crap from your attitude like that. You sound just like we had a guy from Vietnam who was complaining about no money and want us to help him with money or whatever. We can not help you or the guy from Vietnam as we are all strangers. Get real. You are a newcomer. Just go and learn to sign in the real world. It is must better to learn to sign in person than trying to figure out how to sign from online ASL lessons. Don't be an obnoxious person. Yeah, sometime when you say something like this, you don't make any sense at all.

This place here is a Deaf forum and hearing people should respect us when we talk about Deaf subjects. A lot of time, hearing people don't want the truth about our experiences on deafness and Deaf Culture. The hearing people think they know all about deafness. Not true. That is why we can be blunt to make them understand our experiences as HOH/Deaf people.

I go to a college that is actually funding my trip for Japan or else I would not be going. I work a campus that doesn't even give me a real salary...3.90/hr. And we're not allowed to get jobs off of campus. And then they charge so much money to pay for the term bill they actually do charge you which would be about 60% of my pay check.

And if you're saying I should go out and practice then please send me some money. If this is not the place to learn ASL then why do you have the thread for ASL students and please direct me to somewhere free I can learn online. I don't know anything about deafness because I'm not and I thought I could come here to learn, you know being a "newcomer" and all.

I may not know anything at all about Deaf Culture other than it's a culture just like any other culture. However, I don't concern myself with groups of people, I like to interact with individuals... and as an individual you know nothing about me.

Well, only thing for you to do is to graduate or finish college, and then earn real enough money from your new job so that you can pay for ASL class. I don't know what is in you to hurry up and learn ASL. Why are you been so obnoxious to us that we get offended by the way you type up to tell us what you think of deafness and ASL? Of course, I don't know nothing about you because you are the stranger to us.

Once we get to know you, then you will get to know us. too. It take time to get to know each other here on the forum. We like to discuss and also debate if we are trying to straight hearing people from the misconception on what deafness is and why we prefer to sign ASL instead of going through oral-only program in schools (mainstream) here. ASL is our primary language. So please respect us as deaf people, not hearing people. When you came here, you might have thought that we are hearing people, not deaf people. But we are deaf and there are quite a lot of hearing people who are interest in deafness and oral-only program (some might be interest in sign language). Almost all hearing people thought they can change our deafness and go on the oral-only route. That is where we had to debate them a lot. The moderators will decide to ban the debate or not. Just have to be careful what you say here.

Well, only thing for you to do is to graduate or finish college, and then earn real enough money from your new job so that you can pay for ASL class. I don't know what is in you to hurry up and learn ASL. Why are you been so obnoxious to us that we get offended by the way you type up to tell us what you think of deafness and ASL? Of course, I don't know nothing about you because you are the stranger to us.

Once we get to know you, then you will get to know us. too. It take time to get to know each other here on the forum. We like to discuss and also debate if we are trying to straight hearing people from the misconception on what deafness is and why we prefer to sign ASL instead of going through oral-only program in schools (mainstream) here. ASL is our primary language. So please respect us as deaf people, not hearing people. When you came here, you might have thought that we are hearing people, not deaf people. But we are deaf and there are quite a lot of hearing people who are interest in deafness and oral-only program (some might be interest in sign language). Almost all hearing people thought they can change our deafness and go on the oral-only route. That is where we had to debate them a lot. The moderators will decide to ban the debate or not. Just have to be careful what you say here.

Thank you. I am really sorry if I offended you or anyone else. I just feel like I've wasted so much time already. When I came to college all these other language options opened up for me and I get jealous of the foreigners that come to my school, because by the time they get there, they already know at least 3 languages. I just feel like I want to catch up. I don't mean to be pushy, but I just honestly want to learn. I think ASL is something that we should be taught very young bc at least it's still in America. And I don't encounter a lot of deaf people, but I walk around campus all day signing songs I'm listening to and it makes other people interested. However, they say will you teach me sign language, and then they never have time. I haven't found one person on campus who will actually steadily practice with me. So, yeah I work a lot on my own I guess sometimes my eagerness can be misinterpreted as bossiness.

But now i'm learning because apparently deaf people are quick to point out my mistakes no matter how bluntly they state it and I guess that's why I respond the way I do. But it looks like their giving me some useful information at least ^_^

Back