Hello

[/B]

Just curious... If you know ASL is "completely different and so much more" why aren't you learning ASL?

I don't have anyone to teach me. If you are willing then that would be great. There are schools to teach people, but I don't have the money and time to learn from them. The only thing I have to look forward to are internet sites...(that's a sad thought when you're really interested in languages..:laugh2:)

Sounds awesome. I've studied on and off for awhile, but still have yet to visit Tokyo sometime. My cousin's pretty fluent in it, although it is not our native language. You can just call me Vic. :)

Nice to meet you Vic. I hope to be traveling to Tokyo really soon. I'm going to Japan this fall for a year and I'll be staying in Osaka, but I hope do to a shit load of traveling!!

Just so everyone knows. I will treat ASL as any other language I want to learn. I really love languages, so if you want me to teach me the correct way I will listen. However, you can't just expect "hearing" people to know the difference. (It's like going to China and being expected to know Chinese.) In reality it doesn't happen.
The reason why I'm here is because I'm broke so I can't afford to take professional classes. If you take pity on my broke ass, I'd be willing to learn whatever ASL you want to teach :)

Hello welcome to alldeaf
I am experience PSE plus ASL :)

eeeexxxxxeeecellent. :) so are you my new teacher?

No problem I do help effort communication to people I can help you I grow up, I am volunteer to, I am volunteer to people community I am support to new community! I do it for best effort , I love ASL teach :)

So can I give you my Skype name? And we can start practicing after I get off work in the afternoon, will this be okay?

So can I give you my Skype name? And we can start practicing after I get off work in the afternoon, will this be okay?

sure you add my skype smithtr :) -6 times zone skype I can effort I am practice for you review teach I can help you I am skills high fast sign language!, I best effort you :) :wave:

so...where are you exactly? Will I have to stay up really late?

Kentucky is part Eastern, part Central times, so you should be in either -6 or -5 depending on what part of Kentucky.

yes.
eastern, in kentucky.
What is your timezone?

I live pretty -6:28 pm night

- zone time your make sure match!
center saskatoon I figure out I do best to early to best to do it for

opposite for your zone time!

does anyone know of videos they might find helpful for learning ASL?

You know that they have programs in Kentucky to learn ASL. I am from that area and can suggest some really great resources depending on where you live in KY. Also want to mention that the NAD conference will be there soon.

PS Welcome! :)

I know of one in Eastern Ky and that's the closest to me, but they are charging for classes and I don't have money to pay for them. Also, I won't be there for the entire summer to take the full courses...

Back