Hello there

ragles816

Reaction score
Hi All.

My husband and I are both hearing. He works in retail and wanted to learn ASL to better help customers. For myself, I wish to learn it to help him learn, as well as for my volunteering. I volunteer at several animal shelters and I wish to learn to assist adopters find their purrrfect match. Also- We often have deaf dogs that come through and when that happens, they are taught their cues through ASL.

We both know the alphabet and some very basic phrases. He learned some to do with retail and I learned some additional ones concerning dog training.

Just wanted to say hello from Toledo, Ohio.

Hi All.

My husband and I are both hearing. He works in retail and wanted to learn ASL to better help customers. For myself, I wish to learn it to help him learn, as well as for my volunteering. I volunteer at several animal shelters and I wish to learn to assist adopters find their purrrfect match. Also- We often have deaf dogs that come through and when that happens, they are taught their cues through ASL.

We both know the alphabet and some very basic phrases. He learned some to do with retail and I learned some additional ones concerning dog training.

Just wanted to say hello from Toledo, Ohio.

That's so cool! I didn't know that deaf dogs were taught some ASL cues. I didn't really know that there were deaf animals, but if humans can be then why not other mammals? Very interesting.

Back