Hello out there:)

miashell11

Reaction score
Hi! My name is Michele and I'm new to this site. I have had problems with my ears all my life and have worn hearing aids since I was 10. In the last few years my hearing has gotten progressively worse and am not sure what to do. Am re-learning sign language and am also considering getting a baha implant. Have been feeling pretty isolated in the last few months ... family and friends just don't seem to get it

Welcome Michele and you will find tons of friends and advice here.
I too wear hearing aids and let me tell you they are a huge benefit for me as i am profounded deaf. Getting use to them was a piece of cake for me but for others in my family and friends, hearing and deaf, was a long drawn out process.
let me encourage you to stick it out and get use to the problem and soon you will feel more comfortable and able to educate those you speak with. Signing is just another language and all of us should be able to communicate in more than one language, so i do encourage you to learn english as much as asl, you will have a much happier life if you do. Best of regards and, again, welcome to ALLDEAF.

Welcome Michele; See what your audi suggests. It's my understanding of BaHa that they primarily transfer sound from BaHa side to good hearing side but I may will be very wrong! I have a friend whose wife has the BaHa and that is what it does for her. I have a CI on right side and Ha on left. Relatively new to it but sure working well for me. Get as much information as you can and then make a decision. I did not even know what a CI was until I went in for new Ha's and she said they would not do me any good anymore and said I was a candidate for a CI? I said what is that? She gave me name and address and I went directly over and got started. I owe a lot to that Audi for giving me straight and good advice.

Welcome to AllDeaf!! :wave:

I know totally what you are going through. I was HOH since birth (learning to say that now) and now totally deaf for 4 years. It took 43 years for my hearing to progressively get worse enough to just fizzle out. I am not a candidate for a CI and HA's won't do me any good either. I am at not quite 47 finally beginning to learn a little ASL. Been working on it for a few years, but not full time as I have 2 teenagers among other things.

Once again, Welcome to AllDeaf!! This is a really great and diverse family here and you will learn a lot of useful and some not so useful things. We like to have fun all the time.

Thanks to all of you!!!! I already feel welcomed and think I have found a great site!!!!!

Welcome to AD Michelle :wave:

I do know what you going through in isolation for I get that alot too but I take solace that I belong here at AllDeaf and though my family and friends sometimes don't understand me the people here do :)

Don't be sad Michelle. You're among friends here! :wave:

Last edited:
:welcome: miashell to AD. You will always have support here no matter what. A lot of people on this site have either gone through or what you are going through or something similar so they will be able to empathize and maybe give advice. I wish you luck in all of your endeavors. :wave:

Opps! I'm sorry that I got your name wrong. I fixed it! :D

Milli, did I properly welcome you in another thread? I hope so. Consider yourself officially welcomed with this post. Welcome, Milli! :wave:

Thanks in advance to Michelle for allowing me to welcome Milli on her intro thread. :ty:

Does everyone feel properly welcomed now? I hope so! :laugh2:

Welcome!

Welcome! I'm new here too and we can be friends! It's nice to meet you, Michele! :D

Milli, did I properly welcome you in another thread? I hope so. Consider yourself officially welcomed with this post. Welcome, Milli! :wave:

Thanks in advance to Michelle for allowing me to welcome Milli on her intro thread. :ty:

Does everyone feel properly welcomed now? I hope so! :laugh2:

Don't think so for I did my intro thread way back near Christmas/New Year....I've been lurking for a while....:giggle:

:ty: anyways for your welcome sallylou :)

Back