Hello. New Here.

ohio_nut28

Reaction score
Hello,
My name is Sarah. I’m almost 22. Looking for some Deaf friends. And also looking for a guy friendship that could turn into more. Mostly D or hoh, but can be hearing too.

Well. I graduated HS in 2016. Then moved from NC to Ohio, where my mom’s parents live. I have a mental disability, and a week or so after I moved I was showing signs of my mental illness. So I went to the hospital, and they transferred me over to the state hospital in Athens. I was there six weeks. But while I was there, I was so traumatized, that I couldn’t talk, so a lady (patient) showed me sign language because she thought I was Deaf.

Hi,
Wow - you've had quite a journey so far. You're brave to continue to put yourself out there.
Nice to meet you.

Also, I’m NOT Deaf, but I’m learning sign language. I have tried to imagine if I was deaf many times, and I can see why you guys that are deaf have a hard time. Being Deaf isn’t a disability, I don’t think. Correct me if I’m wrong on that, lol. But you have to deal with not that many interpreters, people who don’t know sign, Deaf rights that you so desperately need, family learning/not learning, to sign. ALOT of stuff you Deaf people go through. It’s good there are most videos like on YouTube for example, that have captions, so you Deaf people know what is going on.

Back