Hello! Looking to learn more and hopefully practice ASL

harlowblakely

Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Andee I'm 21 years old, I'm hearing, and have been learning ASL for a little while now. I have been exposed to ASL at various points throughout my life, in high school I used the internet to teach myself as best I could because my school didn't have any classes, and in college I took ASL 1 and most of ASL 2. I took a year off from school and I am now taking online ASL courses through Galluadet. My goal is to attend Galluadet's Bachelors of Arts in Interpretation program.

Taking my first ASL class really ignited my passion and I am so excited to be back in classes. Aside from my passion for ASL I also enjoy sewing, crocheting, and learning about true crime (I promise I am not creepy).

I am here just hoping to learn more from the deaf/HoH community. Unfortunately with COVID I have not been able to go to any deaf events in my area but I would like to get involved in the community once it is safe to do so.

I thought it would be nice to have a sort of ice breaker so if you don't mind answering: what is one thing you think it is important for me as a hearing person/future interpreter to know about the deaf experience/community?

I look forward to getting to know all of you and seeing your answers!

Thank you!
-Andee

NW Ark. There's a you-tube channel rocky mountain school for the deaf Colorado (RMSDCO) it looks to me K-3, I also follow the Tex. School in Dalis, and the Florida school, and to your first question read the thread, late on set deafness, under Our World Our culture, you'll find on home page:type:

Back