Hello, i'm going Deaf. Should I learn ASL?

This is a video from really good music interpreter signing the piano and song.

I am surprised that you could not tell the difference between the music and poetry. The music interpreter is not signing poetry. Just signing the piano and the song. The video is really cool. She is fluent. :thumb:

Edit: Hoichi, you could not get the video on your computer???? I am sorry that you did not get it. Ouch! :(

I cant open vid on my phone,so why i asked...weird is i can see the vid, show a women. But i cant open it..so not know what it was...

You would have to go to a qualified audiologist to get a better answer on whether to get cochlears, hearing aids, or whatever. Some people cochlears will help a ton while some it won't benefit at all. You might want to see if your insurance, if any, covers cochlears or hearing aids.

I happen to notice you're in georgia, if you're in the gainesville area, a good hearing aid dealership is at http://www.gainesvillehearing.com/

*GASP* You shouldn't say that! CIs are PERFECT and always give excellent hearing! You shouldn't even suggest that it gives varied results, b/c that's *gasp* ANTI CI!
*note sarcasm* People with progressive losses or who are late deafened DO respond very well to implantation, so she's got that going for her.....

I starting losing my hearing when i was 22 and i am 26 now and i am very happy i learned asl. My family still has not learned but on glide i have made alot of friends to practice with. If you have glide we can chat. My ID is MLG ARPJ

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hello, My name is Angel. I am 18 years old and due to genetic(chronic) illnesses I have started going deaf. I am really scared, and just want to the basics like; should I learn ASL (my family wants to), get a cochlear implant, or just stick with regular hearing aids?

I know some ASL but i need to know more I think.

I just really don't know what to do.

PLEASE HELP.

-Angel

Hey you arn"t alone i am hoh and going deaf but i know what your going though plus i been doing sign for my whole life and i could help some of the younger people becomeing HOH

Last edited:
I starting losing my hearing when i was 22 and i am 26 now and i am very happy i learned asl. My family still has not learned but on glide i have made alot of friends to practice with. If you have glide we can chat. My ID is MLG ARPJ

Sent from my LGLS990 using AllDeaf App mobile app
I've noticed a plethora of young deafened adults learning ASL....I think that's awesome!

Back