Hello from India

deafdrummer

Reaction score
Hello and Namaste. I've been living in India for two years and decided to see what's going on. I've been thinking about something. I see where things are CCP-virus-wise and economy-wise. There's a lot of things going on in America, apparently. Has there ever been a discussion about Deaf people having their own Nation, like a Nation within a Nation? This is what I mean. You know that racism exist, and NFAC, the fourth largest militia in America, which happens to be all-black, was formed as a response to this problem after everything was tried, and the founder of NFAC had submitted some application to United Nations, asking for redress on this issue, possibly in the form of a Nation for black people because of discrimination. I bring this up ONLY because of the discrimination we suffer at the hands of hearing people. Even I, an oral-deaf person, suffer this. This was one major reason why I left America, as I had seen the writing on the wall of my life in America. What if we could have a Nation of Deaf people. By Deaf people, for Deaf people, and with Deaf people...

Hey I’m from the south west of India (Kerala state) , I don’t know the situation in America against a discrimination towards HOH/deaf peoples as I haven’t been there so I can’t compare both country , and in my whole life I haven’t really experienced any discrimination except that who makes fun of you since the state where I live in has strong laws compared to other states which makes it to prevent discrimination in Job , company, public places etc and to answer your post related to the deaf nation if you’re implying that clubs or associations exclusively for deaf/HOH peoples . we have these in the country for years , also we have random clubs and associations within the state or in the Bay Area or small towns etc which they themeselves call it their territory or country lol

Namaste Techfreak. I was not referring to clubs or associations at all. I was referring to a COUNTRY, a nation, where you have your own government, your own monetary system, your own means of defense via military forces, and you have diplomatic channels with other countries.

It seems you missed some topics being discussed repeatedly here on AD years ago. Go look up Deafville, and Laurent, SD, etc. It fell through. Go look up Martha's Vineyard where everyone signed MVSL (Martha's Vineyard Sign Language) for a few hundred years then It died out in around 1950s or 1960s. They're currently working to reviving it again.

So, in other words, we are too divided, too isolated, too poor, and perhaps too comfortable in our captivity to organize an actual country recognizable by United Nations.

So, in other words, we are too divided, too isolated, too poor, and perhaps too comfortable in our captivity to organize an actual country recognizable by United Nations.
Hi dear are you still living in India rn ? Which part of state in India you have been living for 2 years ... because India is diverse country with multilingual and multi-culturals I hope you love it apparently it’s slowly adopting western culture (the rumours what I heard ) .. may I know why you chose India to live is that because of discrimination you have faced in America in the past (I hope it’s changing) , I’m very opposite to that I love America because of the freedom to live , freedom of expression and speech as well as Mandatory sign languages in colleges , Govt Services , TV news channels

Namaste Techfreak. I was not referring to clubs or associations at all. I was referring to a COUNTRY, a nation, where you have your own government, your own monetary system, your own means of defense via military forces, and you have diplomatic channels with other countries.
Sorry I didn’t notice that btw if it was specifically for Deaf I don’t see that here maybe I missed it

Hān. I'm still here in southern Gujarāt state. I chose Bhārat because I am Hindū and insufficiently westernized. In the US, I've gotten discrimination as a woman, as deaf, as a Hindū, as a person not willing to be a "yes" slave, etc. I find myself being much more mentally and "civilizationally" compatible with the Indic ethos of civilization. I have NO desire to go back to the US and am looking for a gov't job here. I thank Mā Durgā every day that I am thankful that I am here, and that I had prepared for this economic crisis well ahead of time.

Back