Hello from Canada!

KerBear

Reaction score
Hi...

I've been lurking on this site since last summer when I discovered that I needed a hearing aid. Long story short, I was diagnosed with a "slight" hearing loss in my right ear when I was 3. At that time, my left ear had normal hearing and remained that way for a long, long time. About 2 years ago, after the birth of my second child, I noticed that I was having some difficulty hearing the TV and hearing in groups. I finally had my hearing checked last June and was diagnosed with a moderate hearing loss in my right ear, and, to my surprise, a slight-to-mild hearing loss in my left ear. I was told that a hearing aid would be of no real benefit for my left ear yet, but that an aid would help my right ear, so I got one hearing aid back in September of 2013. I'm pretty sure I now need a hearing aid for my left ear, but I'm dawdling and, quite possibly, in a bit of denial.

About me...I'm happily married, in my very early 40s with two toddlers. I'm currently a stay-at-home mom after having a 14-year career in nursing. I love being at home with my kids. They are such a joy!!!

To be proactive, I plan to start taking ASL this fall. I took it many, many years ago and was conversationally almost fluent then, but I haven't used it in years so I'm pretty rusty. I don't know that I *need* to start at Level 1 again, but I'm going to because that way I can teach my kids and hubby at the same time;) I'm also hoping to take a speech-reading course as soon as one becomes available in my community, which should happen sometime early next year.

I've learned a great deal from this website already and look forward to learning more as I become more involved.

KerBear

seb

Reaction score
Glad to see you finally took the plunge. Welcome aboard.

Royale

Reaction score
Hello KerBear!

welcome to AD. Which province are you from? I am in Ontario. :)

KerBear

Reaction score
Hi Royale;

I'm in Alberta, just outside of Edmonton. Whereabouts in Ontario are you?