Hello from a ASL student.

dreamyGerm

Reaction score
Well,Good night everyone.
My name is German(not as in the country hehe) but you can call me Germ for short.
My username comes from the first song i ever signed.Dreamer by Ozzy Osbourne.I could show it to you,but since it might have some sign errors, im kind of shy to show it to you all.

Well i got into Sign Language.Simply cause some girls i know were gonna take asl 1,and i needed to take a class in college anyway, so i took it.But i started to like it. All the signs and stuff.Now im in my second asl course. And im thinking of making into a living as in a career.Originally i want to be a veterinarian.So i'm still debating which should be a good choice or both.

Well,thats it for now.

Peace out!.

welcome to alldeaf, german. its first time I've heard of person named german. :)

Hi, Germ!
Is "German" your first name? Is that a common name? I've never seen that before.

:)

Hi Germ,
Welcome here. I too am an ASL student first year, although I graduate this December, but have made arrangements to continue taking ASL lessons from the Knoxville Center for the Deaf, since I would like to use it in my new field of Psychology. It is not only hearing children who are neglected and abused and I want to make all possible openings available to me and to be able to help more. Plus, I've found that I'm picking up the language really fast and I LOVE it. It is so beautiful and the poetry in ASL is absolutely wonderful. Enjoy your stay and feel free to comment or ask questions.

Hello and welcome to Alldeaf! Nice to know that you enjoy learning sign-language, in the meantime, you can 'dream' of either career that you're presently interested in...give it a little time while researching within your own heart and inner self, eventually the 'dream' will then become a reality. ;)

Anyhow, hope you'll enjoy your stay here in AD!

:wave:
~RR

Hello all again,thanks for the welcome.

Well,My first name is a spanish name, so i believe in the US is more common to hear it with an "H".
Em,in college theres like this job program and one of the things they offer is job shadowing,so that could be a helpful thing to help in my decission.

Good luck with that Alto!.

Well, now that i know you all.I guess i can share the video with you.While its being uploaded on youtube, i will post it through my photobucket.Hope you enjoy it!.

Video of dreamerasl - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Hello all again,thanks for the welcome.

Well,My first name is a spanish name, so i believe in the US is more common to hear it with an "H".

Sorry for another question, but I am confused. Where is the "H" sound in "German"? Doesn't it start with the "G" sound, with the tongue against the roof of the mouth, instead of an "H" sound, all breathy? Or am I misunderstanding you?

:ty:!

Sorry for another question, but I am confused. Where is the "H" sound in "German"? Doesn't it start with the "G" sound, with the tongue against the roof of the mouth, instead of an "H" sound, all breathy? Or am I misunderstanding you?

:ty:!

Oh im sorry, maybe i didint explained that well.
Its just that in the US i think its more common to have that name with an H than a G.So German itself doesnt have an H sound.Thats what i meant heh.

No problem,so what do you guys think about my video i posted?.

Oh and i signed my embarrasing story today.It was fun hehe.

Back