Hello everyone!

BritRiot

Reaction score
Hello everyone! My name is Brit and I am hearing. I have recently fallen in love with sign language, and am currently taking my first ASL class. I am currently in college to get my child educator teaching degree, and want to specify in working with deaf and hear-of-hearing children. I live in Minnesota, where I have been freezing my butt off for the last 3 years. I grew up in Hawaii, and then lived in California for a few years. I work part time as a tattoo artist and body piercer, but love to spend the majority of my time writing. Its great to meet you all! Hope to make some new friends! :giggle:

-Brit

Welcome to AD, I can't help with ASL as I am an Aussie, happy to make new friends though! :aw:

I am always up for new friends! Its great to meet you! Thank you for your response! :ty:

Welcome,

a few close friends of mine who are into tattoos and pieces, just like you. No I am all virgin, non tattoo or pireces. lol

I know a few awesome deaf people who lives in MINN. Perheps, one of those days, you will meet and bump into them.

enjoy your time to read around here that is a lot of good deal. :)

Agreeing with SimonJ I can't help you with ASL as I only know BSL (British Sign Language) but welcome to alldeaf :) :wave:

By the way for your 2nd post you said 'anyone? anyone? :(' You got to give people time to see your post not everyone will reply but you got to wait and people do :) Just a helpful little tip that I learned (please don't take it as critism- I'm trying to help :))

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Just sit back. Enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Hello Brit. I love that you want to work with "hear-of-hearing" children. :lol:

Bet that is not what you really meant.

Thank you everyone for such nice responses :ty:
Yes I did mean "hard-of hearing children" Whoops!
Maybe I should utilize a spell check!:hmm:

I have heard and learned that sign language is not universal, and though not everyone can help me with ASL, its great that we can talk with each other about something we have in common or have a passion for.

Thank you for the warm welcome to this community!
I hope you all have a great night! Or well, it is 4 am here! :lol:

-Brit :thumb:

Thank you everyone for such nice responses :ty:
Yes I did mean "hard-of hearing children" Whoops!
Maybe I should utilize a spell check!:hmm:

I have heard and learned that sign language is not universal, and though not everyone can help me with ASL, its great that we can talk with each other about something we have in common or have a passion for.

Thank you for the warm welcome to this community!
I hope you all have a great night! Or well, it is 4 am here! :lol:

-Brit :thumb:

It's 17:30 here and I have just opened a bottle of wine, yes going to be a good night! :lol:

Hello Brit,
I am skills ASL :D I am very good clever skill!
nice to meet to you :D

What up Brit? ASL is amazing and I think you and I are right alongside one another...you can read my greeting "Greetings from NC" but yeah. On my way to interpreters school and then working in education! Love it!

To all the Aussies! Please get up with me more, I'm taking my sister their next 2 years from now and want to have some networking in place! It would also be cool to exchange bits and learn from each other...

Ok, sorry Brit...lol

But yes, ASL is a beautiful language...I'm a blank canvas for now but do have some piercings. Do you haves a portfolio or website?

Welcome, Brit!

I live in Minnesota as well. I'm deaf. If you ever want practice, let me know -- are you in the St. Paul/Mpls area?

Back