Hello every one!

Wondering

Reaction score
I'm a hearing person just wondering what life is like in the deaf society. About a month or so ago I found out our vending machine guy is deaf...and I thought he was just a quiet person..yeah kinda stupid...any way we have been trieing to communicate when we see each other... That consist of maybe 5 min while he is doing his work and I'm running to clock in..meeting Mike has made me wonder about yet another sub culture I have never had any experience with so I'm just wondering.. so here I am..
I have been triein to learn some sign is I can say more than just hi mike but he is so quick and knows what I'm trieing to say befor I ever get going. Thing that sucks about that it's all one sided I know very few signs. And honestly I feel really stupid because I sign very slow sometimes I think mike is just being nice.....would realy appreciate your thoughts comment or what ever

Thats awesome that you are trying to communicate..if you are really into the culture and wanna learn more than this is the place to be..don't ever hesitate to ask questions..always search forums first though because a lot of answers are already there...welcome to AD and happy posting!

p.s. there are many "hearies" here so don't be shy:)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you can stay and learn about deafness. Like AliciaM said that we have lots of hearing people here and many deaf people like us. Also we can give them advice and try to make hearing people understand our deafness and Deaf Culture. So have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Back