Hello Day One With Hearing Aids

toffeekukki

Reaction score
hello everyone, i just want to say hello and basically i have just found out i have tinitus aswell and below avarage hearing in both ears.(my spelling is not great) and i have also got my very first pair of hearing aids.
right away i did notice a huge diffrence :)
any way im wondering if there are death groups i could join or if there is someone i can talk with as this is all strange and new to me and although i have 2 friends who both have hearing aids i am just a bit over welmed i think, so would be nce to speak with people who at some point have been in a simlar situation,
i have known i have had troubled hearing on and for since i was a child but im almost 29 and i was not expecting to actually need Hearing aids. anyway thanks for reading and i hope i have given people enough infomation to try help :)

death groups indeed plenty are around.life expectency zero in them i figure...

death cults of various sorts are still active...
but...

we are Deaf so...

welcome to allDeaf

Hello and welcome aboard, toffeekukki (interesting name). There are other members here who were/are in similar situation as you, so I think you're in the right place. :yesway:

Well this has all happened in the last 7 days. i went for a hearing test last saturday as i realised that i can not hear if i tap my right ear. they then said oh they are full of wax so try having them cleaned. so on thurday i had them cleaned and i still couldnt hear even after 24 hours. so i went back to the audioologyst yesturday to find i need hearing aids.

Hello and welcome aboard, toffeekukki (interesting name). There are other members here who were/are in similar situation as you, so I think you're in the right place. :yesway:
thank you for saying this makes me feel better.

I was this way once, I had a huge wax issue and ear glue. I lost some of my hearing because of this and I was born with central auditory processing disorder. I didn't get hearing aids until I was 18 and oh man! I didn't know so many things made noises. I don't wear mine everyday anymore though. My husband signs so I don't feel the need for them everyday. But the first time was like stepping into a different world.

Hi ! There is the 'Walking Dead group' you could join! :giggle: You asked if there was a "death group" you could join I know you mean deaf group I just joking around . Where do you live ,this would help people find deaf groups for you. Did you see if your audi know of any groups near you?
I bet this was huge difference hearing new sounds it does take time getting use to it.

It took me 14 years to come with a deal with my hearing loss, and I never did it. I can't make hearing friends in US (I am a foreigner also), I never find time to learn ASL... I am left with books only, and my mom. That's all the comfort I could find.... reading books and taking care or mom :) Welcome to the club! lol

It took me 14 years to come with a deal with my hearing loss, and I never did it. I can't make hearing friends in US (I am a foreigner also), I never find time to learn ASL... I am left with books only, and my mom. That's all the comfort I could find.... reading books and taking care or mom :) Welcome to the club! lol
Do you work or still in school ?

Do you work or still in school ?
I am into everything, work, school, writing... In school professors do not feel well when I ask them "what?", in workplace I am given positions where I don't need to hear. Hence, books and internet are my usual interaction with the world.

I am into everything, work, school, writing... In school professors do not feel well when I ask them "what?", in workplace I am given positions where I don't need to hear. Hence, books and internet are my usual interaction with the world.
Maybe you ask your school professors if they could repeat what they just said instead of saying "what" or that you didn't understand part of it . I had to do this in school too. When you say "what" that sound like you weren't listening in the first place.

Maybe you ask your school professors if they could repeat what they just said instead of saying "what" or that you didn't understand part of it . I had to do this in school too. When you say "what" that sound like you weren't listening in the first place.

That's why accomdations are so important!!!

Hi, I remember getting mine, knew I couldn't hear well but didn't expect to be told j needed hearing aids.

It can take some adjusting, I really struggled at first but it does get easier.

Feel free to say hi if you wanna chat about it.

I have made a new post, I have read all the comments and I want to say thank you to you all.
I have just been back to a the audiologist but this time I was given the correct tests.
I am getting new aids. I am getting ear moulds as my current ones are wrong and are not good enough for my needs.
I hope to be posting more often after I have replied on all my current posts :)

Yes I am dyslexic and it was all so new that Deaf, deaf and Death was confusing remembering the correct word and spelling was not really important as long as I got my point across.
That's why I wanted to say thank you for making a joke and also not giving me a hard time.
I am sorry I have taken so long to reply but I have had a long struggle to get things right.
Again I have got new thread out and your comment did put a smile on my face :)

Hi ! There is the 'Walking Dead group' you could join! :giggle: You asked if there was a "death group" you could join I know you mean deaf group I just joking around . Where do you live ,this would help people find deaf groups for you. Did you see if your audi know of any groups near you?
I bet this was huge difference hearing new sounds it does take time getting use to it.

Yes I am dyslexic and it was all so new that Deaf, deaf and Death was confusing remembering the correct word and spelling was not really important as long as I got my point across.
That's why I wanted to say thank you for making a joke and also not giving me a hard time.

I am sorry I have taken so long to reply but I have had a long struggle to get things right.
Again I have got new thread out and your comment did put a smile on my face :)

Toffee, this group of people is very tolerant of spelling and writing problems. Language problems are often part of deafness. I have mild CP, and often have problems with typing, but can correct before I send. Then there are those for whom written language is one of the most important means of communication. We have the full range, and neither end has any need to devalue or over value the other.

I lost my hearing over night Hearing aid did not work that long I just got my c.l today
Your still young take care of what you still have don’t take nothing for granted and learn all you can And take care

Back