Helen B. Maddox

Miss-Delectable

Reaction score
Helen B. Maddox | GoUpstate.com | Spartanburg, S.C.

elen Brant Maddox, 72, of 2479 Country Club Road, died Friday, March 9, 2007, at her home. Born May 5, 1934 in Sumter, SC, she was the daughter of the late Perry Martin and Sophia Perrit Brant. She was a graduate of Gallaudet University and received her Masters from the Catholic University of America. She retired as a teacher and librarian from the South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind. She was a member of First Baptist Church of Spartanburg where she was a leader in the Church Deaf Ministry, Director of the Deaf Sunday School Class, past president and a board member of the South Carolina Association of the Deaf, and past president of the Southern Baptist Convention of the Deaf.

Survivors include her husband of fifty one years, Craig Miller Maddox; two sons, Sonny Timothy Maddox of Spartanburg and Craig Lethony Maddox and his wife Bakisha of Orlando, FL; and three grandchildren, Melinda, Martin and Alisha Maddox.

Visitation will be 12:00-1:45 PM Tuesday, March 13, 2007 at Spartanburg First Baptist Church's Davis Chapel. Funeral services will follow at 2:00 PM in the Davis Chapel conducted by the Rev. Sal Barone, the Rev. Bill Adams, and the Rev. Larry Barnes.

Memorials may be made to the South Carolina School for the Deaf and Blind, Walker Foundation, 355 Cedar Springs Road, Spartanburg, SC 29302.

The family is at the home.

An online guest register is available at www.floydmortuary.com.

Floyd's

North Church Street Chapel

Oh, wow, I'm shocked! I know Mr. & Mrs. Maddox. I didn't know that Helen died. Somehow I missed the announcement. :(

I checked, and her obituary is posted on our SC Association of the Deaf website. I wish I had seen it sooner.

Very sweet couple.

Thanks for posting this.

We've lost several important members of our state's Deaf community recently. So sad. :(

Back