heat wave...

We just got home from a visit with my friend not far from here. We stayed over her place on Friday and today we went out to the event called Renewal Energy Fair which they showcase renewable energy stuff like solar power, and so on...it was lot of fun.

On Friday, Seattle broke the record high of 94 degrees that was set back in July 21, 1994, I think. It reached a high of 97 degrees, the hottest heat wave in the Northwest since 1998 which last time reached 97 degrees on July 28, 1994.

The heat wave here was caused by the thermal though which brings the dry winds from East WA state, but the wind heated up as it squeezed thru the mountain passes and it caused Western WA state to heat up, also...that the stream of heat coming from desert southwest (South Calif, Arizona, etc) which kicked up the heat with a little more oomph, so it was hotter and rarer than it usually is. It did hit 100 degrees in Olympia, too!

Today, it was cooler...BUT on a humid side, that was caused by the same stream of heat which brought in monsoonal moisture that brought in cloudy and muggy weather...it did feel HUMID! I was sweating like a pig! It reached high of 90 or so with 40-50 percent humidity and 60 dewpoint. We went swimming after the renewal energy fair. We brought our friend's paddle boat to the small lake and had lot of fun for hours and soaked in the cool water, it was a fun weekend! ;) We chatted and paddled on the boat a lot.

Yes the weather here is hot as well....

I´m more than just glad that we have influtable pool at our garden to cool ourselves... :whistle: We stay in the house to cool ourselves or go swim...

I watch weather news that part of southern west Untied States have record break temperatures at 120s. Yesterday I was baked and not feeling well. I survived heat wave but not yet... No A/C here????

Geez, The heat wave is insane. I mean, I had to try to stay cool with the sorching temperature that is rising and rising. I'm currently in California and yesterday, It was 113 in the East Bay Area and by around 6 pm, It rised to 116!! God I was like this is crazy because normally in Kentucky, the heat is up to around in the 90's but not in the hundred's! I was relieved that my boyfriend and I went to a friend's house to swim in the pool to cool down. The weather today is supposed to be 107, Yeah another day that is gonna be hot again. *mutters* Please bring the rain to California, lol.

Seems like you everyones are whining about weather so extreme hot.. (chuckles) you're not only the one... so am I

Why don't you buy..... A/C or fan.. ?

I finally got new A/C with remote and feel better today. My three week suffer of heat wave ends. Yesterday I was roasted. Whew!!!!!

today is not that bad, but last weekend it was 110 degree while moving to new place :hyper: , it was hot as hell. Nozobo car is 2004 Aveo with no A/C. i felt like going to home depot and buy a A/C with remote and hook it up to his car :whistle: . the rush hour traffic was miserable last weekend

it's probably 100 here again.. the house is sure toasty blah.. oh well tomororw will be a bit cooler 95 but still hot I'm thinking of hitting mall tomorrow to stay out of heat.. that is when I am done with work then zooomy to mall :D but glad we have a small swimming pool here but it's only 3 feet deep but ah.. nice for me to sit down and swim a bit ;)

wildzerica06 said:
it's probably 100 here again.. the house is sure toasty blah.. oh well tomororw will be a bit cooler 95 but still hot I'm thinking of hitting mall tomorrow to stay out of heat.. that is when I am done with work then zooomy to mall :D but glad we have a small swimming pool here but it's only 3 feet deep but ah.. nice for me to sit down and swim a bit ;)

A little water is better than nothing-- ;)

Hope the week will go much better and cooler for ya!

there was a heatwave here last week, it was soo hot, now it is cooling down around here, but lots of rain.. blah..

I've discovered what is quite possibly the only perk to living in Wyoming, besides the scenery: "Heat wave" in Wyoming means the temperature is in the mid to upper-80s during the day, and mid-50s at night, instead of the usual low-80s during the day and upper-40s at night. :)

yes I hate summer.. never like it.. I am fall or winter person myself.. u can call me insane for wearing shorts in winter time.. thats how comfy i am heh.. :)

in summer.. i cant find a way to stay cool! jump in shower and have a COLD one.. sigh.. but afterw a while i will get hot and sweat again? jeez.. wish i have a giant walk in cooler and live in it.. LMAO.. hehe.. :P

ayala920 said:
I've discovered what is quite possibly the only perk to living in Wyoming, besides the scenery: "Heat wave" in Wyoming means the temperature is in the mid to upper-80s during the day, and mid-50s at night, instead of the usual low-80s during the day and upper-40s at night. :)

Yeah that is true I always enjoy very cool in the early morning before sunrise. I felt cold too. I think your place is bit of colder than my hometown. There mountains surround your home. :)

Ive been sllllleeeeeeeeppppppiiiiiiinnnnng since it's sooo damn hot here.... The pool is 103 degree! Even worst! lol so we had to run cold water in it so everyone can swim!! :ugh3:

SmileyGin said:
yes I hate summer.. never like it.. I am fall or winter person myself.. u can call me insane for wearing shorts in winter time.. thats how comfy i am heh.. :)

in summer.. i cant find a way to stay cool! jump in shower and have a COLD one.. sigh.. but afterw a while i will get hot and sweat again? jeez.. wish i have a giant walk in cooler and live in it.. LMAO.. hehe.. :P

You are funny. yeah you are!!! LOL :)

You can order lots of large ice blocks and build a igloo in your backyard!! I bet the kids will love it!1 ;)

Whoo...what a heatwave we had here in California! Finally, relief is at the horizon, starting today -- finally only in the double digits rather than triple that has gone through town..highest was 111. Crikey. :-p

hard rain is finally here!!!!! whew!!! I love rain... :hyper: i can run outside naked!

R3na3Blyth3 said:
Whoo...what a heatwave we had here in California! Finally, relief is at the horizon, starting today -- finally only in the double digits rather than triple that has gone through town..highest was 111. Crikey. :-p

Welcome back to AD... I don't see you for long time.

Back