Heartless

I saw this quote below, why in the hell did he get a second chance?

In August 2013, local news media quoted Stokes' family as saying that doctors at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta at Egleston refused to put Stokes on a transplant waiting list because of his troubled past and their belief he wouldn't comply with the strict plan for medication and follow-up treatment.

Thats what second chance means i guess, it was a chance, the docs and.people took with him. And he blew it.
Sucks.

Yes, it is waste but it is very unethical if this teen denied from getting heart transplant and let him die.

Just unfortunate move. :(

What a waste. Give someone numerous chances and they continue to act like morons.

teen who got heart transplant dies in crash during police chase

I agree , I have a cousin that on the waiting list for a heart transplant but he doesn't think he will get a new heart b/c of his age. He been waiting for awhile now. He had to stop working in his 40's , his brother dies of a heart attack in his 40's. My cousin never been in any kind of trouble with the law, he would had taken great care of that heart.

Something had bothered him and he thought he would stay out of trouble but somehow at home, he was having problems with them. I think he wanted to take something for the fun of it. He did not know the old lady was at home. He had done nothing to do like a hobby or make friends or something. He was useless. It has been about two years since surgery with open heart. That is sad that he got himself killed in an accident. Rest In Peace. :(

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/04/01/heart-transplant-stokes-dies_n_6988756.html

Just over a month later, Stokes told a reporter with WSB-TV in Atlanta that the transplant would help him stay out of trouble.
"So I can live a second chance. Get a second chance and do things I want to do," Stokes told the television reporter.
His mother must be VERY embarrassed since http://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-c...o-got-heart-transplant-dies-car-chase-n334001

Doctors rebuffed Stokes because he had a "history of noncompliance," and they did not think he would take his medications or show up for follow-up appointments, Stokes' mother said. The hospital changed its mind after his mother accused doctors of punishing her son for a history of run-ins with the law.
Anyway, none of those articles didn't mention who paid for the heart transplant. Her health insurance or out of her pocket (maybe donation from fools)?

I hope doners family never find out where their childs heart went

Back