Hearing vocal cord vibration in my head?

BLONDI53

Reaction score
hello, I'm new here, I have a question that the internet cannot seem to answer. I have a profound hearing loss, about 2 mths ago I noticed I was hearing my vocal cords like vibrating,and like sounding horse in my head. I thought other people could hear it but everyone says I sound the same,it is so very annoying and driving me crazy when I talk, has anyone else ever had this happen to them? what was the problem? I went to my audiologist they said hearing aid is fine, but something is wrong, please help! thank you
blondi53

yeah either tinnitus or you noticed you became hoarse. either way - with hoh like me it can be very disconcerting and annoying at times. there was one year where whats left of my hearing went to hellbasket and i could not stand the sound of my hearing aid. took me a year and half before i recovered.

I have had that annoying ringing for yrs now,this is different and new,im not sure if im explaining myself very well because its something that just all of the sudden started out of the blue,i hear a vibration or feel it when i talk, But no one around me notices anything different about the sound of my voice. I have worn ha all of my life so thats nothing new,its driving me crazy, dont hardly want to talk!

Do you have an ENT? You might want to pay a visit. Whenever something new is happening it might be a sign of something else.

Yes i do,as a matter of fact i have an appt tomorrow,sure hope he can tell me something,do something!

When you mentioned about "hearing vibration"..... sometime I get this once a while but not the vibrating sound....it's more of me living in the super tanker engine room, very very low rumbling humming sound. It can go on for up a week then it went away. It drive me crazy when trying to go to sleep hearing the rumble sound. I'm curios, two questions, how long you had this and does it continue to happen without the hearing aid?

Its been about 2 mths now,i only hear it when i talk though,and yes it does whether i have my hearing aid on or not,only when i talk though. I have all those other ringing sounds 24/7. Idk if it has to do with my vocal cords,like maybe something is wrong ir the fact that it seems recently my hearing dropped big time.

Its been about 2 mths now,i only hear it when i talk though,and yes it does whether i have my hearing aid on or not,only when i talk though. I have all those other ringing sounds 24/7. Idk if it has to do with my vocal cords,like maybe something is wrong ir the fact that it seems recently my hearing dropped big time.

You might also have fluid build up in one / both ears . What you might be feeling is the extra vibration from that.

You might also have fluid build up in one / both ears . What you might be feeling is the extra vibration from that.
I went to my ent today,i had some wax in left ear but it didnt change anything when he cleaned it out, i asked him about what i was hearing,he just said some people are predisposed to have that problem with profound hearing loss, but that really didnt answer my question,like why all of the sudden? Guess i may never find this out,i really dont like talking now and i have always been a big talker!! Thanks though i appreciate you taking the time to answer me!

yeah either tinnitus or you noticed you became hoarse. either way - with hoh like me it can be very disconcerting and annoying at times. there was one year where whats left of my hearing went to hellbasket and i could not stand the sound of my hearing aid. took me a year and half before i recovered.
I thought i answered you but i dont see it,guess i did something wrong? Maybe with my hearing dropping thats what im hearing just dont know how to describe it, and it does the same without my hearing aid on as well,crazy isnt it?!

When you mentioned about "hearing vibration"..... sometime I get this once a while but not the vibrating sound....it's more of me living in the super tanker engine room, very very low rumbling humming sound. It can go on for up a week then it went away. It drive me crazy when trying to go to sleep hearing the rumble sound. I'm curios, two questions, how long you had this and does it continue to happen without the hearing aid?
I have had it a little over 2 mths every single day,does not go away,the way you described yours could describe the way i sound to me but only when i talk,boy the things,the sounds we go through huh?!

Hello beautiful angel and how are you doing,i am Barry and would like to get to know you better outside here if you dont mind..i have been alone for a long time and dont wanna keep being alone..you look beautiful..lets meet
um im sorry,im married,only looking for friends on here,good luck finding someone

No its not that,i have had that for many yrs,this is so hard to explain,i hear or feel vibration when i talk,sounds like the hum of a amplifier?! I know sounds weird right?!
Its bone conducting, the vibration of your voice travels through the bones and your skull is like a giant resonating amplifier. I am Full deaf and I "think" I hear my voice but I don't, yet I can "feel" it.... To me its more of a Phantom voice as I am late deafened.

Its bone conducting, the vibration of your voice travels through the bones and your skull is like a giant resonating amplifier. I am Full deaf and I "think" I hear my voice but I don't, yet I can "feel" it.... To me its more of a Phantom voice as I am late deafened.
I guess that's why I hum a lot, I am inwardly musical! Lol
Yeah, I "think" I can hear the music notes the air makes as it goes thru my nose, but of course not. The Phantom walks. ;)

Back