Hearing through your teeth

You know what? I thought about something like this a long time ago. For one things even though I've been deaf for almost 20 years I've been able to pick up sounds with my teeth. I know it sounds silly but let me explain what I mean.

Have you ever grabbed a rubber band between your teeth and strummed it like a guitar? Depending on your type of hearing loss you'd be able to hear it and change it's pitch by stretching the rubber band.

I also remember years ago one of my nieces had a toy sucker (Candy) thing that played music that only you could hear if you had the sucker in your mouth. I tried it and I could hear it faintly.

So this is great to hear and know I wasn't crazy for wondering about this possibility. LOL

Thanks for the link.

Ron Jaxon

I remember that candy. I tried it. I could only hear it if I had my aids on. if I take it off, then I can't hear it all that good.

Probably why soundbite added the earpiece and such with it.

I noticed when I sing certain notes they resonate with different parts of my teeth. Thought it was pretty cool.

ya, there used to be a candy that did that. Forget what it's called, but it was a hard sucker, and you bit on it and pushed the button and could hear it. Bone conduction is responsible for that i believe. Won't work if you SNHL is too severe.
*EQL*

I'm sure I read somewhere that Beethoven used to do something like this to listen to his music!

I can hear hard candy hitting diff keys each bone inside hollow teeth. And I remember my grandma had no teeth her voice sounded diff, not like with denture when she talked her voice tone sound more effects.

seems pretty cool for some people bone conduction is better then a bte

I remember when I was a little kid "The Crazy Old Man" he was called. He swore up and down he could hear voices and music in his teeth.

It wasn't till after he died I read an article about how fillings in the teeth sometimes picked up radio frequencies.

That was when I resolved to never criticize or condemn someone who claimed something I could not believe or understand -- It might be just a case of some piece of information I didn't know yet.

I also resolved not to try to convince people of something they were determined not to believe.

So the basics have been available for around 50 years, maybe more. It is nice someone finally came up with a useful application for it. Perhaps miniaturization of circuitry accounts for the delay.

I remember when I was a little kid "The Crazy Old Man" he was called. He swore up and down he could hear voices and music in his teeth.

It wasn't till after he died I read an article about how fillings in the teeth sometimes picked up radio frequencies.

That was when I resolved to never criticize or condemn someone who claimed something I could not believe or understand -- It might be just a case of some piece of information I didn't know yet.

I also resolved not to try to convince people of something they were determined not to believe.

So the basics have been available for around 50 years, maybe more. It is nice someone finally came up with a useful application for it. Perhaps miniaturization of circuitry accounts for the delay.

yep, it must be like Baha implant/ci to him but only through the teeth. Who knows?

Back