Hearing people's view of CI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I refused, because I am not pleasure to because worst to your serious comments I want to netural on good day!wisdom!

So.. what's wrong with asking someone.. "please can you repeat that.??" I do it as well..

that's why.... you'll never understand.

What are you implying by making that statement?

My statement was clear. However, since you seem
To be unsure of my intentions I will expand a bit further. There are families (many perhaps), that place high value on honesty and the truth. In those families, clear statements are made about a position on any given subject with full discosure. Even if it's something the other party/parties don't want to hear.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

I lack a particular functioning gene, protein or enzyme that prevents me from perceiving sound. It doesn't matter how much you increase the volume, I cannot perceive the sound. It is physically impossible. When someone shouts at me, it makes that person look like an idiot and annoys me. I have HAs but they don't make me hearing. The HAs are only boosting the range of sounds that I can still hear in. I'm still missing a lot of sounds. Why is that so hard to understand and accept? I'm glad that this happened as an adult when I can advocate for myself. This is why Deaf people advocate for deaf kids. Personally, I believe that some hearing people value hearing so much that they cannot conceive of living without it. That gets projected onto kids and the kidsschool grow upup feel less than. I've talked with a lot old people who have regrets about choices they made during their lives. I have a feeling that regrets will exist for anyone who breaks through his/her denial. Some people never break through their denial so those people will die leaving behind unresolved issues with loved ones. It's better to have the courage to leave no unfinished business behind. That's my goal.
What you fail to see is that it is not necessary. True; I cannot imagine NO sounds. But that's not the point. The point is that there is a way for my daughter to hear sounds. Why would anyone deny a child to hear?
You say "some hearing people value hearing so much that they cannot conceive of living without it." but in the same way "some deaf people value deafness so much that they cannot conceive of living without it.

I can see how being deaf and living with that identity make a person embrace it and defend deafness and silence to the core.. Harlan Lane et.al. has told me enough about that...
But the fear of deaf people of other deaf people being able to hear.... I don't get that...

I will expand a bit further. There are families (many perhaps), that place high value on honesty and the truth. In those families, clear statements are made about a position on any given subject with full disclosure. Even if it's something the other party/parties want to hear.

Your point being?

I refused, because I am not pleasure to because worst to your serious comments I want to netural on good day!wisdom!
Sorry, I don't understand. I understand you write in a style compatible with sign language. But, can you explain that please.?

But the fear of deaf people of other deaf people being able to hear.... I don't get that...

huh where? who said that? oh yea - you did!

Sorry, I don't understand. I understand you write in a style compatible with sign language. But, can you explain that please.?

I belive your blocked communication reading, you I can`t help you sorry! unfortunately

Don`t ask me
you seem language limit troubles understand!! already blocked on plus limit communication understand period!

Last edited:
I belive your blocked communication reading, you I can`t help you sorry! unfortunatly

Don`t ask me
seems your language troubles understand! your seems! you already blocked on communication period!
"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." . . . Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 - 1951)

So.. you can't explain...??

Yes, I read the part where you accused me of abusing my child...
But that isn't an explanation...

I'm not seeing where your link is going. You need to copy the link from "permalink" on the right side of a specific post, not the URL on top of your browser.

and let's try to answer my question with relevant answer, shall we?

The limits of my language mean the limits of my world. . . . Ludwig Wittgenstein (1889 - 1951)

you are misunderstand!!!!! I stay out on thread, I don`t want to mixing straight reading!

correction - it's you who can't understand his explanation but I think we both know what you're doing in here so let's keep your trivial passive aggressiveness out of picture.

correction - it's you who can't understand his explanation but I think we both know what you're doing in here so let's keep your trivial passive aggressiveness out of picture.
You're good at pointing out the obvious...
I don't understand.. That's why I asked for an explanation...

So.. When Lotte doesn't understand something.. I have to use sign.
When I don't understand something... I'm "passive aggressiveness" for asking to explain...

So... you mean that he can explain it, but since I didn't understand - there's no reason to explain it...
And... this is how d/Deaf people communicate to other people...

I'm so happy with the choices we made...

Rivenoak, I have a lot of experience in real life with the Deaf/HOH community. I don't need to be educated. I have 4 degrees, including a doctorate and post-doctorate degree. Notice how well I write? Editor on the Law Review. Cut the patronizing act. It makes you look ignorant.

For anyone curious, no, I didn't have another post in there somewhere. Just the one to which the above was a response.

You thought I was ignorant and patronizing from my post?

I'm not trying to educate anyone. I'm just saying that in MY real life, the deaf and hard of hearing have a very different perspective than the general one I've found on AllDeaf. Apparently, I didn't make it clear that perhaps the d/hh I have interacted with are not culturally Deaf and that is why I have had different experiences with the two groups. I am glad for the differences; it gives me a lot to think about.

I have actually gone white and cold from your post. And am seriously reconsidering AllDeaf.

I think you made quite an unwarrented attack, SallyLou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back