Hearing people who are attracted to deaf people

Well, I'm sorry that you feel that way because I guess I'm one of them... What's so wrong about wanting to date deaf people?
Because specifically wanting to date deaf people has a tendency to come off as fetishizing deafness. If there is something about deaf culture that you tend to like then that doesn't seem like such a big problem. But saying I'm attracted to deaf people sounds like a fetish. And that's not something that someone wants to be attractive for.

Because specifically wanting to date deaf people has a tendency to come off as fetishizing deafness. If there is something about deaf culture that you tend to like then that doesn't seem like such a big problem. But saying I'm attracted to deaf people sounds like a fetish. And that's not something that someone wants to be attractive for.
It’s not a fetish at all. Have you ever thought that some hearing people are tired of all the noises they hear and are envious of the serenity that comes with silence? Reason I’m interested in dating a deaf person is that I find deaf people are more attuned and expressive. I admire that quality in person regardless of gender. I hope you get that.

I use a wheelchair and am aware there are guys who are attracted only to women in wheelchairs. The like the fact the woman cannot control her legs. I find that creepy beyond measure. There is even a dating site for people who want to date disabled folks. As far as someone wanting to be with me because I am profoundly HOH? Well, at least I would not have to listen to them...;)

It’s not a fetish at all. Have you ever thought that some hearing people are tired of all the noises they hear and are envious of the serenity that comes with silence? Reason I’m interested in dating a deaf person is that I find deaf people are more attuned and expressive. I admire that quality in person regardless of gender. I hope you get that.
So so so wrong, and offensive. You don’t have a clue.

I can understand liking a little serenity. You're not gonna get that with deaf people. Omg, the loudest person I know is deaf. He slams doors. Gets excited and vocalizes so fucking loudly. Deaf does not equal quiet.

It's just kind of gross. There are a few deaf guys I'd date. But I know them as people and I like them. I'm not gonna date them because they're deaf. That's just creepy.

It seems worth stating the obvious- for some it would be a fetish (Do you devote 20% of your time to these fantasies?), for some a preference, and for some irrelevant. Unfortunately, the majority of people dating have fetish against disabled people.

Back