Hearing loss Pet Peeves!

I gave up trying to understand spoken language back couple years, with mask unless there nice I ignore, give blank stair, walk away. To the benefit of 99% of people in my life well maybe 97% all will pull mask down or accommodate best they can :gossip:

I'm so relieved that compulsory wearing of masks is almost coming to an end, here in the UK, but I wish protective screens weren't used so much, they're like a sound barrier.

Anyone else find these screens reduce their hearing the person on the other side?.

I'm so relieved that compulsory wearing of masks is almost coming to an end, here in the UK, but I wish protective screens weren't used so much, they're like a sound barrier.

Anyone else find these screens reduce their hearing the person on the other side?.
Hu? What say you moumbul...? , could you be more expressive??

Hu? What say you moumbul...? , could you be more expressive??
Hey Old Analog, sorry should have made myself clearer, I'm referring to Covid protective screens, which are still used in almost every place I go.

Hey Old Analog, sorry should have made myself clearer, I'm referring to Covid protective screens, which are still used in almost every place I go.
They do have the advantage of being clear where masks in general are not. I have only seen a clear mask in use twice and that was during different trips to the same store and worn by an employee.

They do have the advantage of being clear where masks in general are not. I have only seen a clear mask in use twice and that was during different trips to the same store and worn by an employee.

Yes, but screens reduces the persons voice of the other side of it, hearing people wearing mask has oddly not been a problem for me, I've never seen clear masks, just silly one with lips or a silly big grin printed on them.:D

Yes no I was being afirimitave, what little sound I get don't need to be muffled, not that I could understand you anyway, I guess I could turn up my aids, if, I had them in:locked:

Back