Hearing loss and Ehlers Danlos Syndrome

echo77

Reaction score
Anyone here have hearing loss because of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome?

What is ehlers danlos syndrome?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Anyone here have hearing loss because of Ehlers Danlos Syndrome?

I looked up for deafness or hearing loss with Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. But there is no mention or anything with hearing loss at all. None at all.

It is about your condition on your body which you are not immune, I think. I don't know anything about your condition.

Do you think you lose your hearing because of your condition? :hmm:

I am sorry I could not help you to understand this.

I have hearing loss AND Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, but there's no evidence so far that it caused the hearing loss. I have been hard of hearing for as long as I can remember, but it started to get worse around the same time my EDS got worse. Now, I'm a wheelchair user and I have severe loss on the left side and profound on the right.

Who knows? Maybe EDS does cause hearing loss.

Sent from my LGLS991 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Hi, i have JHMS, FM, CFS and CRPS. I also have breathing and swallowing difficulties. I'm also interested if there is a link as my hearing started deteriorating quickly as my health got worse. I'm under investigation for EDS.

My hearing loss is from EDS.

Sent from my XT1080 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Probable Eds genetics, unsure type or extent, just a real good fit for diagnosis with symptoms/hallmarks. Not sure if its connected, it's hereditary, and my dad doesn't seem to have eds as far as I know. I feel the genes and mutations all have crossovers that light up depending on the case.. Connective tissue is errrrwhere so it makes some sense to draw connections (pun intended).

*The deafness , hereditary.

I had same experience as purplish, how interesting!

Back