Hearing Impaired NFL Cheerleader

She don't sign ASL in the interview. Please close this thread.

It said in the video she lost 85% (does she mean she's 85db+?) of her hearing. That's severe and almost profound deafness!

Her speech is pretty good and clear though. Either she's had therapy or she's late deafened..

It said in the video she lost 85% (does she mean she's 85db+?) of her hearing. That's severe and almost profound deafness!

Her speech is pretty good and clear though. Either she's had therapy or she's late deafened..

since she was 5 yrs old, she should use ASL in interview by then.

yeah, it said in video, stupid they don't have subtitles for this, but that she doesn't know ASL or read lips/lipreads either.

Wirelessly posted

oh god, so close-minded arent you authentic? whats so bad about deaf people that doesnt sign? they're still deaf people just different method of communication

I'll tell guys to not stare her boobs or they will become deaf.

I haven't read the article yet, just skimming through the comments, but what if she is like me? What if she was raised orally and totally mainstreamed and was never exposed to ASL?

That's pretty much how I grew up. I was d/hh, totally mainstreamed, and was never exposed to ASL. I learned finger spelling in elementary school, that was it and it was self taught.

Authentic - those comments of yours are pretty rude and elitist. You shouldn't dismiss people like that - like hearing who dismiss us, you're no better than them.

I haven't read the article yet, just skimming through the comments, but what if she is like me? What if she was raised orally and totally mainstreamed and was never exposed to ASL?

That's pretty much how I grew up. I was d/hh, totally mainstreamed, and was never exposed to ASL. I learned finger spelling in elementary school, that was it and it was self taught.

Same here.

authentic - those comments of yours are pretty rude and elitist. You shouldn't dismiss people like that - like hearing who dismiss us, you're no better than them.

Same here.

live and learn!

Watched her video, good for her but she still is deaf. Her speech is still not perfect alike hearing people. I do not know if she understands others with her HA on unless she reads their lips with help of HA.

Also, I think she/the video is overstating her deafness. Her voice is far too modulated for her to be 85% deaf, and that in-the-ear hearing aid is going to do diddly squat for someone who is more than moderately HoH.

Wirelessly posted

oh god, so close-minded arent you authentic? whats so bad about deaf people that doesnt sign? they're still deaf people just different method of communication
:lol:
I dont sign but Im deafer than fawk, so Im told.
Authentic - those comments of yours are pretty rude and elitist. You shouldn't dismiss people like that - like hearing who dismiss us, you're no better than them.

very true... :)

Back