Hearing aid forum I came from to here :(

not_here_not_now

Reaction score
I'm so upset. I was a member of the other Hearing Aid forum for so long and they just changed their Forum from a Community driven forum to a profit driven website.

At first I didn't think anything about it because the old website kept trying to link me to some scammy website by the same name so I figured it just finally had an upgrade. I was sent an email saying to Claim My Account but I never click on links so I just went to the forum instead and sure enough, there was a new forum but I was unable to log in.

It required an email log in instead of my username and password. So I tried that and it would not accept that. I tried the email and "forgot my password" and it said "no such user". Well now that's odd because they just sent me an email to Claim my Account didn't they? And here they don't know me all of the sudden. So a little warning bell goes off in my head but I ignore it and go ahead and make a new account....

Then when I do, it recognizes my old username and proceeds to give me an Account Photo they pulled of the Internet. That's odd. I search and I can't find any way to remove that photo. Another little warning bell goes off.

I start searching around on the Forum to see if anyone else is saying anything about the changes and sure enough someone is. They are "skeptical". I start reading it and I realize I have no idea what or who I signed up with. I look at the Company Profile and I start off by reading their Privacy Policy and then read their FULL Privacy Policy and I am dismayed but what I had signed up for. It is invasive. And yes, I read things like that.

So I go back to the forum and I start trying to find out how to delete my account and there isn't one. Just as I couldn't delete my account picture. I finally gave up and posted in the "Skeptical" thread because the Admin was active and posting - that I wanted to delete my account because I objected to the new invasive Forum Privacy Policy but there was no place that I could find to do so.

The Admin removed my forum post and deleted my account in about 2 seconds flat because I'm sure he didn't want anyone else seeing what I had posted.

That same company has been over here drumming up customers by giving away free batteries if you sign up with their website. You'll get free batteries and a lot more from that company. Just FYI.

Always take time to read the Privacy Policy.

I'm so disgusted that friendly (well, most of the time) hearing aid forum has gone from a community forum to a paid for profit driven forum where no one has even thought about their privacy being exposed or sold with the turnover of ownership.

That's all I have to say about that. LB

Thanks for the information. I'm so happy to meet someone with the will to investigate!

I'm so upset. I was a member of the other Hearing Aid forum for so long and they just changed their Forum from a Community driven forum to a profit driven website.

At first I didn't think anything about it because the old website kept trying to link me to some scammy website by the same name so I figured it just finally had an upgrade. I was sent an email saying to Claim My Account but I never click on links so I just went to the forum instead and sure enough, there was a new forum but I was unable to log in.

It required an email log in instead of my username and password. So I tried that and it would not accept that. I tried the email and "forgot my password" and it said "no such user". Well now that's odd because they just sent me an email to Claim my Account didn't they? And here they don't know me all of the sudden. So a little warning bell goes off in my head but I ignore it and go ahead and make a new account....

Then when I do, it recognizes my old username and proceeds to give me an Account Photo they pulled of the Internet. That's odd. I search and I can't find any way to remove that photo. Another little warning bell goes off.

I start searching around on the Forum to see if anyone else is saying anything about the changes and sure enough someone is. They are "skeptical". I start reading it and I realize I have no idea what or who I signed up with. I look at the Company Profile and I start off by reading their Privacy Policy and then read their FULL Privacy Policy and I am dismayed but what I had signed up for. It is invasive. And yes, I read things like that.

So I go back to the forum and I start trying to find out how to delete my account and there isn't one. Just as I couldn't delete my account picture. I finally gave up and posted in the "Skeptical" thread because the Admin was active and posting - that I wanted to delete my account because I objected to the new invasive Forum Privacy Policy but there was no place that I could find to do so.

The Admin removed my forum post and deleted my account in about 2 seconds flat because I'm sure he didn't want anyone else seeing what I had posted.

That same company has been over here drumming up customers by giving away free batteries if you sign up with their website. You'll get free batteries and a lot more from that company. Just FYI.

Always take time to read the Privacy Policy.

I'm so disgusted that friendly (well, most of the time) hearing aid forum has gone from a community forum to a paid for profit driven forum where no one has even thought about their privacy being exposed or sold with the turnover of ownership.

That's all I have to say about that. LB

Been dealing with the same thing. Unfortunately with the Hearing aid forum I guess we aren't in Kansas anymore!

I've been a member of hearingaidforums and hearingtracker for about a year and a half. I received free batteries from hearing tracker when I posted a hearing aid review. The new forum is more modern and will take some time to adjust to. I don't see what the problem is. I just re-read the privacy page and it's very transparent and nothing worrisome IMHO.

Last edited:
Interesting comments on the Hearing Aid Forums. Considering the last version was riddled with bugs and download-software requests, I'm happy the forum has been updated. As far as I know, Hearing Tracker isn't owned by any manufacturer or retailer, so it seems an appropriate landing spot for the forum. Also, I just signed up here and got hit with a bunch of links to some online hearing aid business, so it's not like this forum is community supported either.

There's always www.hearingaidtalk.com in case you guys aren't aware. It's a big quiet over there, but that can change if you guys start participating in discussions.
Holy smoke's I forgot about that site! I just logged on for the first time in probably 4-5 years! That site has always been quiet.

I think I know which forum you're talking about.....Is that guy who was completely fixtated on a Completely Implantable CI there? He used to post here

I think I know which forum you're talking about.....Is that guy who was completely fixtated on a Completely Implantable CI there? He used to post here
I think he found something else that interested him more because I haven't seen any of his posts in a long time.

I think he found something else that interested him more because I haven't seen any of his posts in a long time.
Someone I know from the Say What Club remembered him too. I think I vaguely remember a post of his here where he realized that it was never going to happen...He really was fixtated on it..

Someone I know from the Say What Club remembered him too. I think I vaguely remember a post of his here where he realized that it was never going to happen...He really was fixtated on it..
He was also fixated on stem cell transplants curing hearing loss any day.

Been years since I was there. I remember all that stuff. I ordered the batteries from there (Hawaii), and they were OK. I had ordered some very cheap batteries from elsewhere, but they didn't last long. Nowadays, I only order from Harris. They get here quick, as they go directly to St. Paul and then here. Quality assured, six months at a time.

Seb, you are much nicer nowadays.

Been years since I was there. I remember all that stuff. I ordered the batteries from there (Hawaii), and they were OK. I had ordered some very cheap batteries from elsewhere, but they didn't last long. Nowadays, I only order from Harris. They get here quick, as they go directly to St. Paul and then here. Quality assured, six months at a time.

Seb, you are much nicer nowadays.
Didn't know I wasn't nice.

My go to source for batteries has become my local Walgreens. Their own brand seems to be good quality and if you don't wait until you are out you can watch for their two for one or some think of it as buy one get one that really seems to make them a good value price wise as well,.

My go to source for batteries has become my local Walgreens. Their own brand seems to be good quality and if you don't wait until you are out you can watch for their two for one or some think of it as buy one get one that really seems to make them a good value price wise as well,.
The same for CVS as well. It is still cheaper to buy online, which I usually do, and I buy in bulk, but sometimes I do run out without realizing it, so I will do either Walgreens or CVS in a pinch.

Back