Head colds/Sinusitis with CI

JKB315

Reaction score
Is it normal for my sinuses to hurt 3 times more than they used to before the CI implant? I've been sick since Saturday with a sinus infection it seems. My head is killing me today. It's muffling my hearing some too.

They usually clear up on their own without a doctor so I am waiting one more day. I don't have any major dizziness . Just a little. About the same as before the implant whenever I had sinus trouble.

Sorry Jerry..can't help you there. I haven't had a head cold or anything since the surgery. (knock on wood).

i suffer from year round allergies and have had several colds since getting my first ci. however, i can't say that my allergy attacks or colds have been any worse since getting my ci's -- although they most definitely do have a negative impact on my hearing.

I have always had Sinusitis, but I have to agree the pain seems more since I my CIs. It will affect your hearing. I don't think it is the CI that is causing more head colds, but the weather and temperature changes. In my area, there is an increase in illness due to weather changes.

My CI dr has me on a nasal inhaler for daily use. It seems to stop any sinus problems from developing. I also wear ear muffs and cotton in my ears because my ears are not use to the cold. After 27 years of wearing ear molds, they haven't felt the cold and can't handle it.

Go to the Dr and get better.

I have allergies year round too...and I'm in a nasal breather..not to mention that my allergies have a really bad effect..sinusitis with lots of pain , which since CI were more noticeable..

Dr increased my dosage..and tells me to be more careful with colds ..*sigh*

so yes , it can affect it , but depends on the person I think...

Back