Have You Went To Psych Ward Before?

Foxrac

Premium Member
Reaction score
I did on Tuesday and it wasn't fun at all. I stayed in psych ward for 24 hours and my psychiatrist agreed to discharge me after communication barrier, no special diet and a lot of glare. The incident started when my father got angry and punched on my arm so I became upset, depressed, bad flashbacks and suicidal thoughts, so I got end up in emergency room before transferred to psych ward in same hospital. I thought about want separate from my father for several hours but my psychiatrist wanted me to stay in psych ward until I can see him in next day (Wednesday afternoon).

The psych ward is just like jail that where you have no freedom, no belt, no shoe lace, strict schedule, automatic sink; toilet and shower with one button, lousy food (hospital food), limited snacks, no cellphone, no computer, limited TV programming (violent shows aren't allowed), tech come in room to wake up 3 times to check vitals, limited phone hours. That's not fun at all.

I'm glad that I got out and it is worst idea to stay if I need separate from my family for while. I chatted with some patients as well and many of them hate hospital stays. I didn't have roommate until 3 am when they carried extremely anxious man to bed, but I saw him got very agitated when therapist came in and turned light on, also therapist told me to come so I told her that I can't hear so need write notes, but she refused.

The ward has different levels - I was on Level 7 that where patients are sad, friendly, quietly, but Level 3 and 4 for more aggressive and angry patients. Level 1 and 2 for very dangerous patients that need locked up.

The communication barrier is no fun!!!

I have been in psychiatric hospital 7 times for more than 2 weeks. The longest was one month. Hospital stay sucks! I hate that I have to push button every 3 minutes for shower. Food is not bad. Staff let me wake up any time in the morning and lets me use my cellphone. I hate that hospital is cold. I didn't know about the levels. I wish you have a place to go to when you want to be away from your father.

I'm sorry it was so difficult. That is no fun at all. Maybe next time consider a hotel room or something if you feel like you need to get away from your father. As long as you are not a danger to yourself. Take care.

Kind of a personal question there.

Glad you are okay though.

Feel better, Foxrac...many people are sent to the psych ward for a number of reasons. and also, remember...some people will make up bogus stories and have someone committed....Little bit TMI for me to say more...

I'm an old man now but had a lazy, cowardly, abusive, SOB of a father. I forgave him daily for many years. Then, he raised a cane to my mother when he was 84 years old. I guess some things never change.

Are you a minor? If not, you should really find a way out. The military was my way out but I left the house when I was 17. Enlisted at 18.

If you are a minor perhaps your only resource is the government. And, they'll treat you like a slab of meat, IMHO. Evidenced by SilverRoxy as well. Although I hasten to add I've never been in your shoes.

You might also try and get involved with a church. Many have interpreters for the deaf. And, they can also council you and your family. Most without being "preachy".

Hang in there. I wish you well.

I'm very sorry that you had to do that. I hope that your home situation improves. :hug:

I went psychology test last March and I got passed test for my surgery I never stay at psychology ward but I went there at office and test with interpreted asked me questions on papers I'm fill out papers..they next day I got counselor also asked me my personal life answer and questions and I had hard times thru my dad's death,my parent's divorces and lots of mores it's so private on my life..

Psycho ward is like jail!!

I chatted with some patients as well and many of them hate hospital stays

So this makes me wonder, did you ever see someone who enjoyed them? Gosh, no freedom, limited TV, and crappy food, sign me up!

Will they let me watch movies?

13952179348459.gif

No wonder everyone in there is crazy. Watching movies like that would make me go bonkers too.

Back