Have you went to any Opening days??

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Think about all opening days that you've went to before. Have any of you physically went to opening days?

For example, I went to opening of a Trader Joe's yesterday. It was amazing how crowded Trader Joe was that day. I got to try some new samples. I never saw a store crowded like that in person before until I went yesterday.

I also went to the last home opener at Old Comiskey Park and got to watch White Sox. Sadly, we wouldn't stay for the whole game. We had a prior obligation to attend. Therefore, I had to leave early. However, it was great to go to the last home opener ever.

I think that with sports, there are something special about Opening Days. Everyone wants to go to Opening Days.

So what opening events have you physically attended? Opening of a museum? Olympics opening ceremony? Opening of an animal shelter?

Yeah, I have been to few. My current job's store opening, my old job's new warehouse, went to Mighty Ducks opening day (first year), my old, old job's paintball field opening, and couple more that I need to remember....

No, I do not like being in a store that too crowded , people are too rude today.

I've been to lots of opening days at stores. The best one was Sephora, and they gave out lots of free make and make up demonstrations.

The best opening day was for the new New York Cosmos soccer team. I got to see Pele although he didn't play, he was a guest of honor. That was cool.

The cutest opening day was at a Petco, where they had hamster races, and gave free dog biscuits if you brought a dog with you. It was fun.

I've been to lots of opening days at stores. The best one was Sephora, and they gave out lots of free make and make up demonstrations.

The best opening day was for the new New York Cosmos soccer team. I got to see Pele although he didn't play, he was a guest of honor. That was cool.

The cutest opening day was at a Petco, where they had hamster races, and gave free dog biscuits if you brought a dog with you. It was fun.

That cow and dog made me laugh every time I see it.

I worked an opener... my first ever job was as a host for an Old Orleans restaurant (a terrible British misinterpretation as to what American cuisine - specifically Southern - was, in restaurant form) and the shopping centre itself was new too. We did our training while there were still wires hanging from the ceiling and construction taking place.

It went okay... apart from the fact that all the fittings were brand new and none of us had ever worked together before.

Actually, yes. I have been to one major opener-- the opening of a new Naval Base gallery for recruits-- Gallery 7122. Other than that-- nothing much.

It seems like Opening Day is so special that Ozzie Smith and others are trying to make it a National Holiday!! Yes, I get it that they are special, but come on !!!

I brought my dog some dog cookies that you buy by the pound and my dog would not touch it. I wanted to buy my granddaughter a pretty dress to wear at a party and I wanted the dress to be made in USA . So I went to mall and not one store had little girl dresses made in USA , they were all made in China and the fabric was crap. I had my sister made a pretty one of a kind dress . Mall are stores filled with overpriced junk today.

Back