have anyone read archie and etc?

E

eternity

like archie, judhead, veronia, and betty books.

When I was young and I always read them. Now my daughter likes to read them even she is only 6 1/2.

I have read them when I was like what 11 yrs old? I like this Reggie and Archie when they try to get around with ladies!

:lol: oh yea i remmy that. I wish I could save them as my collection but they are gone :(

Originally posted by eternity
:lol: oh yea i remmy that. I wish I could save them as my collection but they are gone :(
Me too... I have lost my thousand and thousands of comics!

:mad2:

Where did they go to?

I assumed all of my archie(s) trashed. When I get most of archies my daughter and keep them in safe.

Yea that would be good to save them as value or as your collection. Your kid(s) will enjoy to read any of your collections. I would do the same thing.

I have hundreds of those digest books: Archie, Archie & Jughead, Betty & Veronica, Laughs, etc.

i used to read those since 1st grade and they've been around in the comics for more than 60 years!

I always read my brother's Archie's comic book for years. right now I :dunno: where they are :ugh:

Yeah I read them all the time cuz my bf leaves them in my room most of the time!

Originally posted by eternity
like archie, judhead, veronia, and betty books.

When I was young and I always read them. Now my daughter likes to read them even she is only 6 1/2.

*Using my magnifyin' glass to recheck* It's Jughead, not judhead and it's Veronica and not veronia. :laugh2:

Hey Eternity, whose your favorite character in the archie comics?

I thought Jughead was cool even though i love to eat too lol

I practically grew up on Archie comics and MAD magazines, so I feel great nostalagia for Archie and his gang.

But as a liberal-minded adult, I hate him. He's such a pathetic wimp that gets an instant boner when he's kissed on the cheeks by Betty or Veronica.

And don't get me started on my interpretations of the rest of his gang.

Yet, I still enjoy reading Archie, Jughead, Betty & Veronica, and a variety of other series. Ironic, isn't it? I guess sentiment gives way to current beliefs. :crazy:

My dad has collected comics since the late sixties, mostly Archie, MAD, Cracked, horror comics, and a few superhero comics. Most of it were cartoon humor - so it explains my fascination with drawing cartoons.

In conclusion, I have to thank Archie and his gang for being an integral part of my childhood, yet as a liberal adult, I condemn his societal hypocrisy. His comics limit the use of the non-white characters (example: Chuck and Nancy; ) virtually no display of disabled individuals (so far I have seen NO comic story regarding Deafness at all. The best they could do was a few strips on wheelchair-bound people.)

And the recognition of minority lifestyles such as (gays, non-married couples, and so on,) has been portrayed in neither positive or negative light. It's as if Archie is stuck in la-la post WW2 world, ignorant of Jughead's private fantasies of Archie's stiff sausage up his toasted bun. :laugh2:

In other words, I bet you Archie's a fuckin' Republican. After all, he did not only easily escape the wrath - but also won support - of Joseph McCarthy during the massive comic-book witch hunt crusade of 1954. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

It's time that Jughead finally came out of the closet.

Last edited:
im crazy abt archie the last time i read them was abt 5 yrs ago but when im in the bookstore i tend to read archie books and etc. its kewl to watch and read they now have thier own cartoon series so its fun to recatch up to ur childhood days and enjoy them :)

blech.gif

Their business is not good? I dunno...

It's seem enjoyable for me to read... But, not anymore... I guess my teenage ego have been itnerest.
rolleyes.gif

Back