Has ANYONE tried on a wig with hearing aids/Cochlear Implants?

Strong

Reaction score
I have a Cochlear Implant, so I tried on my friend's wig and noticed that the wig cap is pushing the microphone off of my ear. Also, the coil sits on top of my hair, so when I put the wig on, it doesn't fit well because of the bulging shape of the transmitter.

Any ideas? I could ask for a custom-made wig but I don't know.

I've never worn a wig before, so I don't know if it is just on you or in general for people that wear them... :hmm: However, I'm sure you can get custom wigs, being I know a few people who do wear them and get them custom fit. However, be ready to pay an arm and a leg for them. I know one friend who wears them "Recovering from Chemo" and she pays around $50 just for a decent wig and they have to be replaced every 30 days or so ( synthetic ) or they become very rough and messy ( even taking the best care of them as she does ) They're definitely expensive, that's for sure. :(

I've never worn a wig before, so I don't know if it is just on you or in general for people that wear them... :hmm: However, I'm sure you can get custom wigs, being I know a few people who do wear them and get them custom fit. However, be ready to pay an arm and a leg for them. I know one friend who wears them "Recovering from Chemo" and she pays around $50 just for a decent wig and they have to be replaced every 30 days or so ( synthetic ) or they become very rough and messy ( even taking the best care of them as she does ) They're definitely expensive, that's for sure. :(

I don't mind about the cost, but may I ask you, how is it possible to wear a wig with a cochlear implant or a hearing aid? I know you can get the wig customized but I'm wondering what the wig cap looks like for those who have a CI/HA. Can you please describe it? thanks!

I wear behind the ear hearing aids in both ears and a full cap wig. I have no problems. I'm about to get a cochlear implant and am a bit concerned the magnet will not be strong enough to go over the wig fibers. I could wear it under the wig, but that might interfere with the sound.

I wear behind the ear hearing aids in both ears and a full cap wig. I have no problems. I'm about to get a cochlear implant and am a bit concerned the magnet will not be strong enough to go over the wig fibers. I could wear it under the wig, but that might interfere with the sound.
I have hair loss problems. I've tried a wig but the wig does press on the head piece. My audiologist suggested trying a topper which doesn't touch the Implant at all.

I have a Cochlear Implant, so I tried on my friend's wig and noticed that the wig cap is pushing the microphone off of my ear. Also, the coil sits on top of my hair, so when I put the wig on, it doesn't fit well because of the bulging shape of the transmitter.

Any ideas? I could ask for a custom-made wig but I don't know.
I have an Cochlear implant, left, also hair loss on the front crown area.
Tried a full wig but found it pressed on the head piece which became extremely uncomfortable after a few minutes, add to that the fact of wearing glasses my head ached.
I looked at toppers which come in deferent sizes clipping at the side and mostly above the head piece. I have a Comfortable hair piece which hides my hair loss, allows me to wear glasses but above all doesn't interfere with my C. I.

I wear glasses and have my aids in and I don’t have cochlear implants but I wear wigs often and I think the best thing is to make the cap as lose as possible around your ears and just make sure it’s decent in the front and back. No one notices!

Back