Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Teaser Trailer

Going to be in two parts which means a longer wait before it's all said and done.
I was grossly disappointed with Half Blood Prince for a number of reasons... I fear that this final film will fare no better... it depends.

On EACH of the films they could have split them in half or done what Peter Jackson did for Lord Of the Rings and make extended versions.

Ah well...

Wait and See I guess.

Going to be in two parts which means a longer wait before it's all said and done.
I was grossly disappointed with Half Blood Prince for a number of reasons... I fear that this final film will fare no better... it depends.

On EACH of the films they could have split them in half or done what Peter Jackson did for Lord Of the Rings and make extended versions.

Ah well...

Wait and See I guess.

Yeah, I was disappointed with Half Blood Prince, too. I like the part where one appeared out of black smoke or white smoke in the Order of Phoenix, depending on whose side one is on. That part really thrilled me.

They will eventually release Extended editions for all of these movies.
Harry Potter is a cash cow, studios will milk this for all its worth.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see other movies/cartoons - not related to the actual books - being released after 2011. Whether it's theatrical or direct-to-DVD. Warner Brothers would be idiots not to continue these movies in some fashion. It's all about the buckaroos.

I don't own any of the movies on DVD. I'm waiting for the boxset that will include ALL the movies. If part 2 is released in 2011. I would expect to see the complete set no later then 2012 but we'll see. I mean Star Wars episodes 1-6 have yet to be released in a complete box set.

Ah well...

Wait and See I guess.

:werd:

After watching HBP, it wasn't even worth the trouble of getting it. From the beginning, all the movies have managed to disappoint without fail.

People need to realize that novels and films are two completely different mediums. So it would be unfair to expect the movies to follow exactly what was in the novels. Just as it would be unfair to expect the novels to follow exactly what the movies they were based on.

People need to realize that novels and films are two completely different mediums. So it would be unfair to expect the movies to follow exactly what was in the novels. Just as it would be unfair to expect the novels to follow exactly what the movies they were based on.
This is true... however to ADD on something that WASN'T even in the book to begin with or change the continuity of the story line doesn't do.
With LOTR Jackson gotten the word from die-hard fans of the book(s) about how they felt short-changed (even it was a 2 hour movie) from the first film... he managed to convince the cast and crew to go back and re-shoot and add on to help flesh out the film better and found it was a good thing.
Still with the second film there is a add-on from what was missing (the Willow Tree scene where the hobbits were being "eaten" and Treebeard, not Tom Bombadill releases them)...
The first 3 HP films were fine with the way they were... close enough to the story lines as they were. But beyond that GOF, OOTP, and HBP they continually strayed from what was a reasonable adaptation of the books.
Rowling seemed to loosen her grip on making sure the films remain true to her novels. When that happens directors and writers take artistic liberties.

The books are always better than the movies. The thing that I like about the Harry Potter movies is that they bring the magical world to life. It's fun seeing what Gringotts and the goblins look like. It's like a visual snippet of the book.

The first 3 HP films were fine with the way they were... close enough to the story lines as they were. But beyond that GOF, OOTP, and HBP they continually strayed from what was a reasonable adaptation of the books.

Rowling seemed to loosen her grip on making sure the films remain true to her novels. When that happens directors and writers take artistic liberties.

The real changes really started with the third film. Rowling was fine with it as long they stayed faithful to the core of it which they did manage to do so.

I've read all of the novels and I enjoyed them to a great extent, and I've enjoyed the film adaptations too as well. But that was because I had set different expectations for both mediums. What works in the novel may not work in the film, the same may be applied to the other way around.

To be honest with you, I think the 7th being a two-parters may end up being quite more faithful than you may believe. They are bringing nearly all of the characters back, including Ollivander, Dobby and more.

Ah well...

Wait and See I guess.
If they did that with all 7 movies, we would have 21 parts! Yikes!

Even worse... if they released extended editions for each film, that would be 3 hours and 21 parts... 63 hours total! :shock:

The real changes really started with the third film. Rowling was fine with it as long they stayed faithful to the core of it which they did manage to do so.

I've read all of the novels and I enjoyed them to a great extent, and I've enjoyed the film adaptations too as well. But that was because I had set different expectations for both mediums. What works in the novel may not work in the film, the same may be applied to the other way around.

To be honest with you, I think the 7th being a two-parters may end up being quite more faithful than you may believe. They are bringing nearly all of the characters back, including Ollivander, Dobby and more.
Yeah, I was thinking the same. They're probably hoping to end the whole series on good terms.

I have read all the Harry Potter Novels. The book is always different and people imagine different views.

So of course the movie will be different than the novel.

I am looking forward to watching both Parts of the Deathly Hallows.

I think it is fun reading the books then seeing how the movie plays out. Comparing my imagination of reading the book to the movie itself.

If they did that with all 7 movies, we would have 21 parts! Yikes!

Even worse... if they released extended editions for each film, that would be 3 hours and 21 parts... 63 hours total! :shock:

sounds pretty damn good to me!!

what i think sucks is that they cut dobby out of the goblet of fire completly. they replaced him with neville which just works out weirdly. so...

what i think sucks is that they cut dobby out of the goblet of fire completly. they replaced him with neville which just works out weirdly. so...

Well, Dobby didn't really have a big role in the main storyline. It was mostly a part of the SPEW campaign which would had caused the movie to slow down and drag on for too long. Goblet of Fire could had been longer, but I think it was a wise decision to cut the subplot out of the movie since it was pretty much a filler to the novel.

It somewhat made sense to have Neville do it instead as he is into herbology and such since they didn't plan on having Dobby in the movie. It would had been a bit odd if Dobby suddenly showed up out of nowhere to give him the gillyweed while he wasn't in the rest of the movie.

However, Dobby will be coming back for the Deathly Hallows.

They will eventually release Extended editions for all of these movies.
Harry Potter is a cash cow, studios will milk this for all its worth.
In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see other movies/cartoons - not related to the actual books - being released after 2011. Whether it's theatrical or direct-to-DVD. Warner Brothers would be idiots not to continue these movies in some fashion. It's all about the buckaroos.

I don't own any of the movies on DVD. I'm waiting for the boxset that will include ALL the movies. If part 2 is released in 2011. I would expect to see the complete set no later then 2012 but we'll see. I mean Star Wars episodes 1-6 have yet to be released in a complete box set.

I was right.
The first movie has been released in so-called extended edition. Less the 10 minutes of extra footage. Eff you, Warner Brothers for a half-ass job.
I'm sure the sequels will follow this route slowly. Hopefully they will incorporate more then 5 minutes of new content. sighs.

Back