Hard-of-hearing entrepreneur-to-be

Wantrepreneur

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have been hard of hearing with a severe to profound hearing loss since I was a baby 35+ years ago. I grew up in the hearing world, and have had little connection with the deaf and hard of hearing community. So this is neat for me to be able to use the internet to connect with people with similar traits around the world!

I grew up with a lot of career challenges but worked hard to persevere. Out of personal life challenges, I had a moment where I thought "I've had enough, time to make changes!", which is why I'm working towards building a tech company to support the deaf and hard of hearing community. I would love to chat individually with you one-on-one (contact me if you like), and browse the forums to find answers to questions that I have. It would allow me to see if our problems are mutually equivalent. I would love to share my journey with you and have you come along with me.

Nice to meet you all.

Cheers!

Hey. I was also born heard of hearing. I also happen to have a disconnect which means that my brain does not properly process the little amount I can hear. I also grew up in the hearing world. This year is the first year I was introduced to the deaf community through my teacher (he's completely deaf). I have decided that I want to work with children who are hard of hearing and deaf.
It's nice to meet you and I hope you have a great time getting to know people on here and getting questions answered. I'm new here and I have found this place super helpful!

Hey. I was also born heard of hearing. I also happen to have a disconnect which means that my brain does not properly process the little amount I can hear. I also grew up in the hearing world. This year is the first year I was introduced to the deaf community through my teacher (he's completely deaf). I have decided that I want to work with children who are hard of hearing and deaf.
It's nice to meet you and I hope you have a great time getting to know people on here and getting questions answered. I'm new here and I have found this place super helpful!
Ambuhhlurr, thank you for sharing. I think it's great that you have decided to work in the community too. It's a rewarding opportunity to pay it forward.

Back