hackingnetflix.com's closed caption thread with insensitive comments

Booger_Bender

Amara Ambassador
Reaction score
Hacking NetFlix : Netflix & Other Companies Face Yet Another Lawsuit Over Captions

On this post there are comments you wouldn't believe and it would piss off anyone who needs closed captions. Be warned though there are some serious messed up comments in there. I advise to remain calm when replying there and keep it clean but show exactly how you feel.

- BB
:rl:

This upsets me, and with the comments of others.. self righteous about equal rights.. pathetic.. It's not like netflix doesn't let people watch movies if they're deaf. How is it a violation of equal rights when you get the same thing as everyone else.

Can blind people sue because they don't have an audio track describing what's going on in the movies?

If i'm dyslexic should they dub foreign movies for me? because i can't read subtitles.

Oh right, netflix should also offer morse code for those who are deaf and blind..

You should be thankful for what you have. And stop trying to take things away from the people who are more fortunate than yourself.

All you're saying is "If we can't get CC on these movies, we don't want anyone watching them!!!!"

This one deserves a slap in the face.

Wow.. Some are just rude. Because we can't hear we should read a book. "No business has any obligation to make up for your hearing problems."

Thank you very much Banjo for writing about this. You are right on all accounts. I put in my few cents into the comments and in the end all i saw was apathy and ignorance to Deaf culture. Instead of getting mad I put a post on here for everyone to voice their opinion against those who appose our way of life.
you sir should receive a medal :)

NAD filed a lawsuit against Netflix a while ago. I wonder what's going on now.

IMO, if I am a subscriber, I deserve a discount (50% off) because they don't offer ALL streaming movies with CC/subtitles. It's not right for deaf subscribers to pay full as hearing subscribers who can watch any movie they want anytime.

Netflix and other companies deserve lawsuits because they refuse to offer discounts for deaf subscribers if that's a fact.

Back