HA Help Please

NewmansOwn

Reaction score
I need some help. I recently started attending yoga classes, and have had a horrible problem with my BTE HA's falling off during class. They don't fall off all the way, just the part that hooks on my ear falls off. But it is extremely annoying to constantly have to fix them instead of focusing on class. Does anyone know of any tricks or products that would keep them in place? Thanks in advance!

Why name yourself after organic products?

And there are a couple of jigs that helps your hearing aid to stay in place..

I am not sure where to find them here.. But I know super glue will do the trick.

Why name yourself after organic products?

And there are a couple of jigs that helps your hearing aid to stay in place..

I am not sure where to find them here.. But I know super glue will do the trick.

It's just a nickname from my adoptive parents. They call me Newman's Own because their last name is Newman(no relation to the company).

wig tape/double side tape is a good suggestion.

You should consider getting your BTE properly fitted if too loose

When I played soccer in high school.. my hearing aid used to fall out all the time. So I started wearing a bandanna tied around my head and covering my ears. It was very 80s but it worked. At least.. until i got hit on the side of the head with the ball one too many times that I stopped wearing my hearing aids for the sake of not having to keep sending them to be fixed. So if you don't want to bother with adhesives, you could try that.

Thanks Deaf Elements, that's a good idea. I probably have one of those sport headband things that would work the same way! I wouldn't be able to just take them off though, because I wouldn't be able to hear the instructor. I already look dumb enough to everyone else when I'm doing the completely wrong thing because I didn't hear her or misunderstood her, lol.

wig tape/double side tape is a good suggestion.

You should consider getting your BTE properly fitted if too loose

They are fitted for me, but fitted or not, they simply can't stay on when I'm sweaty and am upside down, lol.

AliciaM was talking about the same issue with her HAs while cheerleading -- look up her posts.

Thanks Deaf Elements, that's a good idea. I probably have one of those sport headband things that would work the same way! I wouldn't be able to just take them off though, because I wouldn't be able to hear the instructor. I already look dumb enough to everyone else when I'm doing the completely wrong thing because I didn't hear her or misunderstood her, lol.

Oh, I looked like a complete dork when I played soccer. But eventually it became a trendsetter. So maybe that will happen for you? :lol:

I took them off just because I had already broken them twice and the insurance company was getting pissed off (as well as my parents wallet). Good thing there wasn't a whole lot of talking going on so I managed just fine.

yeah, just that when i had hearing aids, the tubing was sometimes too long that when I did cartwheels, it would hang down. But when it was more fitting, it wouldn't do that.

anyway, here's another idea although I never ordered off this site: Huggie Aids[/url

Some hearing aids have a hole at the top to loop something through it. My new ones don't, but there is a way that only you can figure out how to keep them on. Don't worry about thinking you look stupid because, believe me, no one actually cares or watches you, they're concerned about the same thing. ;)

How about have u tried that with a thin elastic hairband or lace headband to match color with ur hair?

I think I figured it out today! I got so frustrated in the middle of yoga, and it suddenly occurred to me to hook them onto a small chunk of hair (my hair was in a bun) and it worked like a charm! I had to push in the parts that go inside my ear a few times, since the tubing was being pulled up, but they stayed on the rest of class! SO happy to have found a solution! Thank-you all for your suggestions!

What kind of hearing aids to you have?? I know that AliciaM has something for her Hearing aids to keep them in place because she is a cheerleader...

Back