Gunman @ Florida School Meeting

I would have left as soon as he pulled the gun, he wouldn't have to ask me to leave. I am surprised he did not shoot the lady that hit him with her purse. Kind of foolish on part of the lady knowing there was no way she could take him down alone. I read somewhere that the school board did not even know who this man's wife was or even the fact that she was fired, let alone why she was fired.

As for burden of proof, they will not release the final part of him shooting himself is because a judge will have to look at it unbiased to rule it. With the widespread media coverage its going to be hard to find a judge that knows nothing about this case, let alone a full jury. Of course the suspect is dead so there is no need for a trial or sentencing. I am willing bet that school boards across the country will be beefing up security in their public meetings and will ask that jackets, coats, and bags be left at the door and the public will be subject to a metal detector. This usually happens right after an incident like this.

To Yiz...how would you feel if this was your dad or your brother and the video showed him blowing his head off?

On one hand, I can understand the need to edit the video because of the traumatic nature of the incident...

But on the other hand, I will wanna know for certain it was in fact that my loved one did in fact die by his own hand, not from some pissed off Police Officer or someone else that picked up the shooter's gun, pointed at his head and finished him off.

I'm not trying to be insensitive regarding the whole thing, but if it were me, I want to be sure about the whole truth and nothing else. Last thing I want is to spend the rest of my life having nagging doubts in my head.

That's just me...

Yiz

the gunman was calm so everybody was calm... perhaps? :dunno:

I mean - he didn't shoot in the air or scream like a lunatic when he wanted people to get out. he also didn't "execute" the woman who swatted him with her purse.

but then.... Florida.... full of old farts... perhaps it hurts to get out and duck for cover?
The Panhandle isn't like southern Florida; it's more like Alabama (we used to live in Pensacola).

Older people do love their comfy swivel chairs. My MIL lives in her swivel chair.

I can't surprise this news!! Nobody hurt thanksness goodness

Need serious aprove survelline camera show what happened

Gunman is serious crime history stay out!!

The Panhandle isn't like southern Florida; it's more like Alabama (we used to live in Pensacola).

Older people do love their comfy swivel chairs. My MIL lives in her swivel chair.

Yup, that's correct.

I'm going to Panama City Beach on Dec 23 for Christmas vacation.

the video in CNN link provided above is a longer version. you can see from beginning to end... however - they blocked off the ending due to disturbing video. I will not show the video of what happened at the end. You will have to find it for yourself.

I saw this on TV and on line. On TV it did show the guy putting the gun to his head but that as as it when. On Line it show the guy with the gun right on his head but it did not show him killing himself. I know his wife lost her job but how did it help her killing himself! She can't get any insurance if he had any life insurance. The wife is lucky he did not kill her too! There have has increase of murder /suicide crimes lately. Things need to get better so people can find jobs! I read that guy could has wanted the the cops to kill him and that he knew he would get shot or killed when when to the meeting with a gun.
The cops think the guy was planning on suicide by cops as he had some mental health issues .

Last edited:
Not finding a full version of the video, the only "full version" that I find are the ones that has been released by the authorities. The ending part of him shooting himself in the head is not present nor does it tell how many minutes in between the "moments later, he shot himself in the head".

Probably the actual "full version" won't be released to the public until someone forks over money to get a copy of the whole thing, despite of the "Freedom of Information Act", the Government still charges an enormous amount of money to get a complete video of the incident.

I myself prefer proof that he did actually shoot himself and not some hearsay from official sources.

That's just me, I side on the burden of proof.

Yiz

On TV is showed the guy getting shot in his leg and falling to the floor then putting his gun to head! I was really surprised they showed this on TV on the 6:30 PM news there was warning that it could up some people and small kids!

The video cannot be argued that he was shot, the video show quite clearly w/o a doubt that he did get shot and his falling to the floor.

What's not showing is the shooter pointing the gun at himself and pulling the trigger.

According to the official statement, it states that "moments later after he was shot, he turned the gun on himself and shot himself in the head".

This leaves me with the question of the timeline...

What is considered "moments later"? How much time has passed before he killed himself as the officials has stated?

According to the Rule of Evidence....

What I am wanting to establish is what had transpired after the edited version of the official release.....

Questions:

1.) What happened after the shooter went down?
2.) What were the officer(s) doing after the shooting took place?
3.) Did the 6 men clear out of the room prior to the shooter killing himself?
4.) If the 6 men did clear the room, what were the officers doing then?
5.) Were there civilian witnesses that saw the shooter killing himself?
6.) Does or will the video actually show the shooter committing suicide?
7.) What did the officers do AFTER the "suicide" took place?

Of course, the Medical Corner hasn't yet released the official cause of death as the report has stated that it should take place today, so that may take a while, including any toxicology results which may take days, weeks to months for the report to be completed and released to the public.

This is all why I am stressing on the "burden of proof" and that video, in it's entirety would lay down to rest any questions and or debates. So having releasing an edited version w/o showing the shooter killing himself becomes, in my opinion, questionable.

Yiz

I saw this on Nightly news with Brian Williams , and it showed the guy bringing the guy right up to his head and getting ready to shot himself but it did not show the guy pulling the trigger. I believe he killed himself .

me? i would look for a chance to go after him. don't want to die under a desk. the lady with the handbag had the right idea, just the wrong method

She should have been swinging my work bag! I guarantee a knock out every time!:P

On one hand, I can understand the need to edit the video because of the traumatic nature of the incident...

But on the other hand, I will wanna know for certain it was in fact that my loved one did in fact die by his own hand, not from some pissed off Police Officer or someone else that picked up the shooter's gun, pointed at his head and finished him off.

I'm not trying to be insensitive regarding the whole thing, but if it were me, I want to be sure about the whole truth and nothing else. Last thing I want is to spend the rest of my life having nagging doubts in my head.

That's just me...

Yiz

There are ways to determine that at autopsy. Point of entry, trajectory of the bullet, size and location of the wounds, etc.

Well, in Florida your not allowed to have guns at meetings. So, I guess all you could do in a situation like that is say "No, please, please, don't"

Well, in Florida your not allowed to have guns at meetings. So, I guess all you could do in a situation like that is say "No, please, please, don't"

Now isn't that odd. He was shot by someone at the meeting who was packing heat.

Back