Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the one who doesn't get it. If you keep the crazy's from getting the guns in the first place, you don't have to worry about having a John Wayne or Bruce Willis in the crowd to take out the bad guys.
you have no idea do you. You can remove every gun from the country and a criminal will still have one. Look at England, they are banned and yet theres a criminal with a gun, yup, sure enough, he killed another unarmed citizen. Criminals will get a gun regardless what laws are in place or how well they are regulated. If they are good and have access to a machine shop, they can make one. Now wise up, it aint happening.

you have no idea do you. You can remove every gun from the country and a criminal will still have one. Look at England, they are banned and yet theres a criminal with a gun, yup, sure enough, he killed another unarmed citizen. Criminals will get a gun regardless what laws are in place or how well they are regulated. If they are good and have access to a machine shop, they can make one. Now wise up, it aint happening.

Don't say criminals. Say Trueblue Yanks. Lol

You are right. You can't change evil hearts which is the root cause of violence. A deadly weapon can be anything. It doesn't have to be a gun.
Exactly. If everyone started killing with baseball bats, would they ban all baseball bats? Or would you have to carry a card proving youre on the little league team to buy a baseball bat? Would it be considered an assault bat because its shiney aluminum or custom painted with added weight or cupped? Oh damn, The major league baseball just went downhill as over half are convicted felons I'm sure...lmao

I hate top security clearance interviews and questions. FBI still has my files since I was a preteen. It is very time consuming and long brutal process. In the 90s, my dad had the top security clearance. They questioned my life, character, and beliefs and made me take psychological test. They took my blood and feces for tests. They asked if I love my country. I was 13 years old. Now, I had to start all over again since my husband recently had to renew his security clearance. The questions are more personal and tougher than before. Thanks to the Digital Era and 9/11. My background took forever than my husband's because my parents are naturalized citizens and my relatives are from both countries. I had to provide the long list of foreign names, current addresses, jobs and birthplaces I'm in contact with. :(
Ugh! I thought it was bad enough when I had to dig up the 12 childhood schools and homes of the past that didn't even have ZIP codes or no longer existed. At least I didn't have to provide any bodily fluids. Whew! You've been vetted!

There is nothing wrong with background checks. I'm all for it. I read the link that nearly 74% of NRA members support requiring background checks for all gun sales.
I'm OK with the criminal background checks.

Strangely enough, I am okay with background checks.
I'm sure you don't want me carrying. ;)

Ugh! I thought it was bad enough when I had to dig up the 12 childhood schools and homes of the past that didn't even have ZIP codes or no longer existed. At least I didn't have to provide any bodily fluids. Whew! You've been vetted!

I'm ok with background checks as well, I had to do it all for my CCL and also when I applied and was on the list for Police officer. I have one done every time I purchase a gun. The most extreme was getting my CCL, They go through the police Database, FBI and other records, it takes a few weeks then you get a letter to go to the courthouse and over to Customs Building to get your finger prints, picture and license printed out. Its no overnight deal to be 100% legal and thoroughly checked out.

Meh. I'd use my friend the baseball bat.

Or was not that the direction you were aiming for?

Seriously, though, good for him, but a lot of people cannot do that because they cannot legally have guns in their homes. Just saying.

Does not matter. Whatever it takes. :smash::smash::smash:

Last edited:
You are right. You can't change evil hearts which is the root cause of violence. A deadly weapon can be anything. It doesn't have to be a gun.
Guns make it easy and are the choice weapon of these wackaloons who are hell bent on mass murder. Terrorist are resorting to the use of cars and trucks, they haven't used to many explosives lately. But once again, the thread is about gun control, it's not about cars, bombs, knives, etc. it's about guns.

You obviously have never obtained a FOID, CCL or purchased a firearm in the state of Illinois. I will agree that there should be national standards however background checks are mandatory in all states. Protect the public? Do you watch the news? Do you think people intended on inflicting violence need a gun?
What is the number one weapon used by these mass murderers? How many mass shootings have occurred in the U.S. so far this year? How many bombings, how many cars or trucks have gone into a crowd of people? In case you don't want to look it up the "winner" is: shootings, there have been 377 up to the church shooting. So guns are the number one problem and because of the lax regulations on who is allowed to buy, it will continue to be the #1 choice of these people.

Criminal background checks don't go far or deep enough. Since we are talking about the purchase of a deadly weapon you have to go into mental competency and you can't rely on a court ordered mental ruling(look as far as Sunday's shooter), He also had escaped from a mental hospital, you have to check into whether your being seen by a doctor(shrink or psychologist) for anger issues, domestic violence or other serious disorders and if any red flags come up, you get denied.

England didn't remove all the guns, just military type weapons and handguns. They have 6.5 guns per 100 people, the U.S. has 101 guns per 100 people. with a population of 56 million people England only has between 50-60 shootings per year. The U.S. on the other hand has 160 times that number for a population that is 6 times larger.

Assault Rifle education. AR does not stand for Assault Rifle. It stands for ArmaLite rifle.
Yes, but Colt called it an Assault Rifle in one of their ads. And the name has stuck.

England didn't remove all the guns, just military type weapons and handguns. They have 6.5 guns per 100 people, the U.S. has 101 guns per 100 people. with a population of 56 million people England only has between 50-60 shootings per year. The U.S. on the other hand has 160 times that number for a population that is 6 times larger.
I believe the only guns in England are recreational (skeet ) and hunting.... other than that they don't have them. I don't even think the police carry guns in England if I remember correctly?

Yes, but Colt called it an Assault Rifle in one of their ads. And the name has stuck.
A lot of people call it an Assault Rifle because they were uneducated in what AR stood for and the company has stressed the name so much upon deaf ears because..... people think Assault rifle "sounds" cooler !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back