Gun control

Status
Not open for further replies.
An AR-15 is basically a civilian version of the M-16 minus the auto switch.
They are not the same gun, so you should not have any problem with civilians owning civilian models and military using military models.

Your civilian .223 round is almost equal to the MILSPEC 5.56 however, using 5.56 military ammo will probably do you bodily harm when it explodes. A more powerful round.
Same goes for the .308 an almost equal to the MILSPEC 7.62 however, using may also be harmful to your health for the same reason.

In other words, civilians have the AR15, military have the M16 and M4. Look the same, not act the same.

For clarity, it is dangerous to the shooter because of damage to the weapon.

Last edited:
-I don't know what station I was watching when they interviewed him, but he said he heard gunshots as he was outside and knew with each shot someone else was being shot.
Right, as he was running to the scene.

-Shooting started at 11am and the first call to the police came in at 11:20.
The video showed seven minutes of shooting inside the church. There were a few shots outside before he entered the building, and then the confrontation when he exited the building.

-From what he said on the news, the shooter came out and they exchanged fire. I doubt that in the heat of battle he had time to take careful aim and shoot at the gap in the vest. Probably was more likely a lucky shot that hit Kelley.
You answered your previous statement with this response.
Willeford was a trained instructor with lots of practice. He knew what he was doing.

For what reason are you trying to downplay what Willeford did?

The 223 and 5.56 are basically the same, not much more than a 22LR mag, just a lot more powder behind them. Long story short, all guns are deadly just some are targeted because they look meaner ( like a poodle compared to a pitbull) and the uneducated public being sheeps to the fake news, In reality you can shoot a bolt action and lever action just as fast as a civilian AR if you practice enough.

They are not the same gun, so you should not have any problem with civilians owning civilian models and military using military models.
They should not be in civilians hands. How many of the mass shooters have used an AR weapon to kill their victims?

It wouldn't have prevented him from buying a firearm because he was a lunatic, it would of prevented him from buying because of his military and criminal records. Without a mental portion to the check all you do is let crazy people with no criminal records buy guns and then give all you law abiding gun owning and loving citizens a bad name.
LIKE.... I...... SAID........... I'm perfectly fine with any proposed gun control laws that focus on criminals, not law-abiding citizens. got any?

Right, as he was running to the scene.

- Okay if you say so. I know what he said on the interview I watched.

Willeford was a trained instructor with lots of practice. He knew what he was doing.

-In the interview I saw, he said he was behind a truck and engaged the shooter as he came out of the church, said he was sure he hit him at least once and then he and another driver gave chase. He also said he was "scared to death as the shooting unfolded."

For what reason are you trying to downplay what Willeford did?

- He himself has downplayed what he did. He said he didn't stop the killing and he didn't do anything other than shoot at the guy as he came out of the church and gave chase as they called in the vehicles license and where it was headed to 911. Hopefully, this guy will not let the NRA and other peoples comments go to his head.

What about mental defectives or lunatics? Most if not all of these mass shooters had clean background checks, yet they had known or unknown mental issues. So what you're saying is you are okay with people with mental disorders owning guns, you just want to keep the criminals or people with a criminal past from owning them!
are you not aware that our gun laws prohibit anyone with mental history from buying/owning a gun?

Last time I looked the most of the mass shooters had clean criminal records, so your method would do nothing to stop these killers and still allow these shootings to happen. I think you need to do some more work on how to keep the guns out of the hands of those who should not be allowed to buy!
there's absolutely NOTHING we can do about people who decide to break the laws. the only way is to abolish Amendment Two and confiscate ALL guns and enact Thought Police agency with psychics. sounds like a really great idea for you, yes?

LIKE.... I...... SAID........... I'm perfectly fine with any proposed gun control laws that focus on criminals, not law-abiding citizens. got any?
So you're okay with crazy people owning guns, since they don't show up in the background checks since all they do is put your name in the criminal database and if no hit comes up, you get your gun. Makes a lot of sense to me!

The 223 and 5.56 are basically the same, not much more than a 22LR mag, just a lot more powder behind them. Long story short, all guns are deadly just some are targeted because they look meaner ( like a poodle compared to a pitbull) and the uneducated public being sheeps to the fake news, In reality you can shoot a bolt action and lever action just as fast as a civilian AR if you practice enough.
I doubt it. The gun that supposedly killed JFK was a bolt action rifle and trained marksmen took anywhere from 4.6 to 8.25 seconds to get off 3 shots and were not able to hit the target all three times. These tests were all done by marksmen. Also how many rounds can a bolt or lever action rifle hold before the shooter has to reload, enough to shoot 46 people?

are you not aware that our gun laws prohibit anyone with mental history from buying/owning a gun?

-Not true, they prohibit someone with a court ordered mental history from owning a gun.

there's absolutely NOTHING we can do about people who decide to break the laws. the only way is to abolish Amendment Two and confiscate ALL guns and enact Thought Police agency with psychics. sounds like a really great idea for you, yes?

-Again not true, make the vetting process more lengthy and more thorough and a lot of the crazy people won't be getting their guns.
If your a law abiding citizen and have nothing to hide, you should have no problem with a more thorough background check.

So you're okay with crazy people owning guns, since they don't show up in the background checks since all they do is put your name in the criminal database and if no hit comes up, you get your gun. Makes a lot of sense to me!
no I'm not ok and no I'm not ok with totalitarian approach either. if you can figure out how to prevent all drug crimes, robberies, road rages, etc.. GREAT!

you seem to be ignoring car carnages so I can only assume that you're completely and comfortably okay with crazy people owning cars to mow down people.

Last edited:
-Again not true, make the vetting process more lengthy and more thorough and a lot of the crazy people won't be getting their guns.
precisely and exactly how would you do that?

If your a law abiding citizen and have nothing to hide, you should have no problem with a more thorough background check.
and that's why I have several licenses/permits. the background check was already thorough enough. it took a very long time and hundreds of dollars. I've already explained it to you quite abundantly enough.

I doubt it. The gun that supposedly killed JFK was a bolt action rifle and trained marksmen took anywhere from 4.6 to 8.25 seconds to get off 3 shots and were not able to hit the target all three times. These tests were all done by marksmen. Also how many rounds can a bolt or lever action rifle hold before the shooter has to reload, enough to shoot 46 people?
Because he was aiming, not just firing randomly. Theres a hughe difference there.

But then again, what criminal follow laws? So really the laws are useless, using enforcement is key.

no I'm not ok and no I'm not ok with totalitarian approach either. if you can figure out how to prevent all drug crimes, robberies, road rages, etc.. GREAT!

you seem to be ignoring car carnages so I can only assume that you're completely and comfortably okay with crazy people owning cars to mow down people.
If everyone followed laws, really there wouldn't be any criminals and no need for laws , But criminals don't follow laws and laws wont stop them from being criminals either....

If you know your guns and what they are capable of then you should know this. A deer rifle usually comes with a 5 or 10 shot mag. BUT you can buy modified mags holding 30-100 rounds for certain ones...even 100 round drums for pistols... then you have speed loaders with enough training you can do it blindfolded and shoot just as good as a semi ( youtube videos are out there ) Now if most law abiding citizens were armed and this fellow walked into that church or any building for that matter, he wouldn't have gotten as far as he did and its taking a gamble for a criminal to not know what he is walking into. Lets say he has an AR with a 30 round mag, and theres 200 members in church... 175 of them are armed... who is gonna walk out of there alive still? For a fact he wouldn't have killed as many as he did, maybe none if there was someone armed and seen him walk in with a rifle. Gun topics are a big debate, those who hate guns never agree to anything but they sure do call the Men in Blue who carry them when needed.....smh

They should not be in civilians hands. How many of the mass shooters have used an AR weapon to kill their victims?
How many haven't? Recently there was a shooter, used a 30.06 or some other bolt rifle, had an AR in the trunk but never touched it.... AR's are just pretty to look at and draw attention. Just like trucks, they are so over rated and therefore cost 4 to 6 times more than a car. Now all these people running red lights and speeding in their shiny sport cars get more attention than trucks...why? because theyre called sport cars and fast looking, some designed after actual race cars.... why aren't they banned from the everyday driver who don't have the skills to drive something fast? hmmmm Bans can be said for lots of everyday common items, why aren't they? Right.......................

We aren't talking about drug crimes, robberies, road rages or car carnages, we are talking about gun control and how to stop nut burgers from being able to buy a gun such as an AR-15 (these peoples weapon of choice) and going out and killing a lot of innocent people.

But then again, what criminal follow laws? So really the laws are useless, using enforcement is key.
So you only want to only go after these people AFTER they have shot and killed a lot of innocent people. Again we are talking about gun control, not crime and punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back