GTA IV: Liberty City PD First Response

metalangel

Reaction score
Anyone play this? Mod for GTA IV (PC version only!) that lets you be the cops. You are there to enforce the law and deal with the day to day crimes that the real police have to handle: drunk people, traffic violations, fights.

A new version came out a few months ago which greatly expands on how you can handle your criminals, call for backup, help the public. It is great fun being the good guys (and it's hard too!) rather than being a violent criminal in GTA!

LCPDFR.com - Home of the largest GTA IV police modding community

I strongly recommend you try it if you have the PC version of GTAIV or Episodes from Liberty City!

Two videos of me playing so you can see what it's like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alMUoxf_h-w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMoplAqWzno

I have heard about this a while back but never tried it out. I think this would be much better in GTAV where the car handling seems to have been improved not to mention the other gameplay.

GTAV comes out later this year apparently on the PC, but will it run on the average Joe's PC?

I am actually surprised Rockstar didn't make something like First response as a DLC. You have the whole city and gameplay already in place. Oh well at least that is what mods are for.

I also hope the PC version will retain the built in movie mode (whatever you call it) that IV had. Rockstars characters and storylines have always been gutter material, but at least the city can be a sandbox to play in.

That sounds fun, I haven't heard of it until now. As for GTAIV running on the average Joe's computer, I wouldn't hold your breath. Rockstar didn't port GTAIV very well, and I doubt they'll do so here either. It's just not financially feasible for them to make a proper PC port, I guess.

Have you guys checked out the latest version of Icenhancer 3.0 which was just released recently? GTA 4 graphics mod iCEnhancer gets major new 3.0 update | PC Gamer

I am actually surprised Rockstar didn't make something like First response as a DLC. You have the whole city and gameplay already in place. Oh well at least that is what mods are for.

I can't imagine they'd do it with the realism and detail of LCPDFR. The police missions in the older trilogy (3, Vice City, San Andreas) were basically just blow up criminals, the police missions in GTAIV were just go and shoot them. Much like the real world, LCPDFR very rarely forces you to shoot the criminals. Usually the threat of arrest and cops aiming guns convinces the criminals to surrender. You have a Tazer as well.

My biggest complaint with the new version of LCPDFR is that the ambulance script is hopeless. You call for an ambulance and the driver's AI is set to crazy panic. They usually cause several more casualties because they drive so dangerously getting to your location.

I can't imagine they'd do it with the realism and detail of LCPDFR. The police missions in the older trilogy (3, Vice City, San Andreas) were basically just blow up criminals, the police missions in GTAIV were just go and shoot them. Much like the real world, LCPDFR very rarely forces you to shoot the criminals. Usually the threat of arrest and cops aiming guns convinces the criminals to surrender. You have a Tazer as well.

My biggest complaint with the new version of LCPDFR is that the ambulance script is hopeless. You call for an ambulance and the driver's AI is set to crazy panic. They usually cause several more casualties because they drive so dangerously getting to your location.

LOL so the city might have to send the paramedics on foot with a stretcher instead!

I have GTAIV uninstalled at the moment. The thing i most disliked of the gameplay was the shonky driving physics, the cars seemed to have very soft suspension.

I don't have a problem with the physics. They aren't as much fun as Burnout Paradise, but they're miles better than Saint's Row 2.

I have an extra mod installed that also lets me call ambulances, so I try to use that as the ones it spawns drive up slowly and calmly!

Back