Grrrrrrrrrr

Hearing persons initiating a VRS or IP Relay call may do so by calling a provider’s 800 number.

Hearing people can call a deaf person's VRS number directly not through the provider. According to Sorenson the 10 digit number provided to the deaf person (i.e. (215)-xxx-xxxx) can be used by hearing for VRS and deaf for P2P- Point to Point.

IP relay I THINK in most cases the hearing person still has to call via an 800 number. Don't know or remember if with Purple you could call using the 10 digit number the deaf person has.

Hearing people can not use 711 to call relay. They have to use the full phone number (1-800-xxx-xxxx) to call the relay service. Only d/Deafies use 711, not hearies.

I still have my trusty TDD (TTY) which I have it for over 20 years. I have not use the Video phone for Relay service, yet. Someday I will learn how to use it when I need relay service if my TDD break down in the future. :cool2:
Like what Jane B. said, everybody can use 711, not for deaf people only. Now you know, you can give hearing people to contact you your phone number along with 711 for relay service. I always give hearing people like my work, car repair shop, my health care provider, etc my phone number plus 711 which I explain that's for relay service since I am deaf but most of the times, they fail to use 711. Oh well, they are idiots.

Back