Grrrrrrrrrr

sonocativo

Reaction score
sometimes I want to choke the shit out of my mom, seriously.
This is the actual conversation (copy/paste)
can you call my home insurance company for me

Why can't you

how many times I have to say I cant hear shit

IM DEAF

Lol. Really.

otherwise, Id answer the damn phone.

Didn't you just see me at
my daughters wedding,
Christmas eve or was that
some Alien Being that
took over your body?

She just doesnt get it, talks to me like I can hear yet I have to ask her to text or write it down ( or my daughter sign to me if shes present) geeze.

sometimes I want to choke the shit out of my mom, seriously.
This is the actual conversation (copy/paste)
can you call my home insurance company for me

Why can't you

how many times I have to say I cant hear shit

IM DEAF

Lol. Really.

otherwise, Id answer the damn phone.

Didn't you just see me at
my daughters wedding,
Christmas eve or was that
some Alien Being that
took over your body?

She just doesnt get it, talks to me like I can hear yet I have to ask her to text or write it down ( or my daughter sign to me if shes present) geeze.

Wow, that's denial on her part for sure. I don't blame you for being angry! That's a sad situation.

she will call and leave voice mails, then get upset because I didnt bring something ( like the meat slicer on christmas eve ) I told her then I didnt get no texts, she said " I left a voicemail because you didnt answer" really mom????

Do you know ASL?...If not, then get urself a TTY...I use mine often and the VP also....very rarely do I have someone to make calls for me.

why don't you use Sprint IP Relay?

How old is your mom? If she is anywhere upward of 60, she might be slipping a little. Just sayin..

and what does that have to do with this?
is there violence here?
Oh, every time you are pissed, you want us to know. That's between you and your family. We have nothing to do with it. Know what I am saying?

Anger is not necessarily violence. It's an emotion.

Sono.... I know how you feel. I was in a similar situation in the late 2000's when I could still hear on a telephone. After my hearing dropped enough to make that impossible, my parents, too, were ignorant to my loss, until I visited them a couple years later, and that's when they realized it was the real deal, and they accepted it, and we adjusted accordingly. Now I text or use a videophone for calls.

Don't bother to ask your mom to make phone calls for you next time. She is going to waste your time, anyway. It's not worth effort. It seems all she had done is cause you headache and frustration.

Maybe you, your daughter and your mom could set up sort of intervention and sit together, and explain your frustrations to your mom. You can ask your daughter to support you and explains how she feels about your mom's acts toward you. If she won't change her way, then it's up to you if you want to continue ranting or Bye, Mom.

she will call and leave voice mails, then get upset because I didnt bring something ( like the meat slicer on christmas eve ) I told her then I didnt get no texts, she said " I left a voicemail because you didnt answer" really mom????

does she know how to use text?? My parents dont know how to do text. We still find a way to communicate to each other.

Checking with your mom more often if you still visit her. just suggestion.

It appears that there is a relationship problem here that goes beyond a communication technology solution. Very sad. :(

Back