Greetings

eirlys

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm a 31 year old Texan recently transplanted to Minnesota (I think I'll never be warm again!). I enjoy reading, music, video games (I play WoW, fighting games, and an online text based rpg type of game called MUD, more specifically, Unicorn Valley). I'm a bit of a nerd and that's totally ok! I'm completely undomestic but want to be crafty. It usually ends with either tragic or hilarious results depending on my mood for the day. I have a horrible addiction to caffeine and I tell really cheesy jokes that I think are hilarious because they are so awful.

I have been HoH for as long as I remember. I have otosclerosis and I've progressed to severe hearing loss in my right ear and moderate in my left ear. I just recently started wearing a single hearing aid for now. It's not completely helpful, but an affordable alternative to the BAHA which I am apparently a prime candidate for.

I've never had any type of help for my hearing. It's either been ignored or I was told to sit myself where I could hear. I wonder sometime if life would have been easier if I had hearing aids from a young age or if I hadn't been so completely integrated. I spent (and still spend) a lot of time isolated. I have trouble focusing because why bother if I'm not going to hear it anyway? I tend to hear stuff barely, just have trouble processing it and rely on context a lot to figure stuff out. Essentially, I've been forced to make do and get along.

I'm happy to meet you, though I'm unsure of my reception since technically, I can still hear. It's still nice to read your stories and know that I'm not alone. :aw:

Back