Greetings from San Diego, California

greeneyesgirl38

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am 38 years old. I am hearing impaired. I wear hearing aids in both ears.
I lost my hearing when I was a baby. I became ill with a bad fever which caused me to lose my hearing. I have lost more and more of my hearing over the years. Now, I have severe hearing loss and my hearing aids do help to a certain extent but I need things to be really loud and most of the time when I am talking to others I need them to repeat what they said.

I don't sign. I would like to learn how. I have managed to learn on my own to read lips a little bit but not enough to actually help.

I am really glad that I found this site. I look forward to making friends on here.

2vrv04k.jpg

AllDeaf!

Herzlich Wilkommen, Greeneyesgirl!:wave: I am planning to move to San Diego so maybe i will get the opportunity to meet you one day. Are you familiar with Escondito area? That is where i will be staying.

Hi Everyone,

I am 38 years old. I am hearing impaired. I wear hearing aids in both ears.
I lost my hearing when I was a baby. I became ill with a bad fever which caused me to lose my hearing. I have lost more and more of my hearing over the years. Now, I have severe hearing loss and my hearing aids do help to a certain extent but I need things to be really loud and most of the time when I am talking to others I need them to repeat what they said.

I don't sign. I would like to learn how. I have managed to learn on my own to read lips a little bit but not enough to actually help.

I am really glad that I found this site. I look forward to making friends on here.

Hi! We welcome you with open arms! Look forward to hearing more from you!

Hi and welcome to AD! I'm a neighbor about an hour and a half to the northeast of you. Hope you enjoy your stay here as there's tons of topics!

Hi and :welcome: to AD! Hope this forum will help you in lots of ways and have fun reading & posting in the threads of interest. :)

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Welcome! What kind of hearing aids do you have? You may need to switch to a more powerful aid, like a digital aid or a BTE.

Welcome =) I'm new here myself, and I think I've proven myself to be the weirdest person here.

Welcome to All Deaf. I too had issues as a young child that caused the majority of my hearing loss and just in March of this year totally lost all of it. I have found that for many people, you would be surprised at what you can accomplish when faced with it. I never was able to read lips while I still had my HAs but since losing it all, I can do a much better job and that is how I communicate for now. I am learning ASL and read lips, but since I am a late deafened adult, I can still talk. With the years of Speech therapy and diction lessons I have had, I don't sound like a deaf person speaking according to people at church.

This group is great fun and informative.:wave:

Welcome to AD and enjoy your stay.

Back