Greetings from India

Deaf Warrior

Reaction score
Hello
I am from India, 39 years old
I become deaf at age of 7, and have to struggle for life due to no space for deaf and people with disabilities in India due to bad politics; however our struggle and International support has provided us some benefits and under International pressure, Govts gave us some rights.

I would like to meet, know and fight for deaf and disabled people's rights.

Hello and Welcome! I wish you luck fighting for deaf and disability rights. I am deaf blind myself. I like Indian food as there are many vegan options. I also like Indian clothes.

Hello deaf warrior. Have you searched around for any disability rights organizations you can work with? I am also in a wheelchair and a friend who lives in Uganda started working for disability rights in the capital, where he lives. It was very difficult, especially with his health, but eventually he made a lot of progress at least getting his government to commit the the UN's guidelines on disability rights. Now the government pays him to do that work. I hope you will share the details of your struggle with us.

Hello and Welcome! I wish you luck fighting for deaf and disability rights. I am deaf blind myself. I like Indian food as there are many vegan options. I also like Indian clothes.
Thank you, I am vegetarin myself; good to know about your views :)

Hi @Deaf Warrior! Pleasure to meet you. Good luck too! Have you contacted the World Federation of the Deaf?
No, I never got chance to contact them, are you ssocited with World Federation of the Deaf?

Hello deaf warrior. Have you searched around for any disability rights organizations you can work with? I am also in a wheelchair and a friend who lives in Uganda started working for disability rights in the capital, where he lives. It was very difficult, especially with his health, but eventually he made a lot of progress at least getting his government to commit the the UN's guidelines on disability rights. Now the government pays him to do that work. I hope you will share the details of your struggle with us.
In India disabled people actully have no right under constitution, as I mentioned it was always interntional prussure which worked far disbled rights. Now we get some rights nd reservtions, but most of disability rights organizations are run by corrupt people, so struggle is still on. Some of us are now teaming up to work together and we are now working to make our organisation.

Thanks for all your support
Situation is not improving; now corrupt people are giving fake disabled certificates to others so that they will take over whatever the benefit for disabled is forced under international pressure.

Yet struggle is on; perhaps struggle is in the World.

@Deaf Warrior, I might also have some other suggestions for people to contact. If you send me a direct message on here with your e-mail, I can pass on some contacts who might be able to help.

Wishing you all the best! Any way I can help, I'd be happy to.

@Deaf Warrior, I might also have some other suggestions for people to contact. If you send me a direct message on here with your e-mail, I can pass on some contacts who might be able to help.

Wishing you all the best! Any way I can help, I'd be happy to.

Why not, sorry for being late.
I use different emails for different works, I am sending one.

Back