Green horn at work

Phoenixfire139

Reaction score
Faith in humanity has been slightly restored!!!

Training in a new girl at work and repeatedly had to ask her to repeat herself. She is extremely quiet and I can only hear out of one ear. She was polite and spoke up the times that I needed her to say something again. She asked me why I kept asking so I told her I was deaf in one ear. She wants to learn ASL now because she doesn't want to make me feel awkward if I can't hear her.

Bless her soul. <3

There is only one other person at my job who signs and she is Hearing. She understands when I'm sick or am having trouble hearing out of my one good ear. I love these girls to death.

Figured I'd share my awesome day with you guys <3

You are lucky. It is rare to find someone who knows or wants to learn ASL in work place!

You are lucky. It is rare to find someone who knows or wants to learn ASL in work place!
Let alone in personal life. I dated a guy for 7 years and we took high school asl together. He told me it was to hard and he can just speak up instead. I told him I wanted to learn sign and teach my kids someday, he told me it was a waste of his time.

Let alone in personal life. I dated a guy for 7 years and we took high school asl together. He told me it was to hard and he can just speak up instead. I told him I wanted to learn sign and teach my kids someday, he told me it was a waste of his time.
I'm glad you got rid of that d-head.

I can somewhat relate, around the time my hearing loss was discovered my ex boyfriend who is deaf in one ear came back into my life. He has been there been understanding and has made me feel so much at ease and comfortable when i'm stressed or overloaded. (I can't even lie about it he knows) the height of our nights are when we are talking and he gives me an odd look i realize i'm on the "bad side" we chuckle adjust our seating and continue talking. I can honestly say i'm glad i have him back.

No, To me that sounds like you were smart enough to speak for yourself and he was immature and couldn't handle it. He didn't deserve you.
The funny part was he found a new girl quickly and she rubbed it in my face that she was 17 have intercourse with him, then she got pregnant and dropped out of school.

Geez, that must have been quite an eventful the few months!

update:

She still tries to use ASL for me! I love her guys, seriously. She is a delight. Might not be of much help when it comes to working but, at least she makes it easier to communicate. I don't know how many times I have to just ignore my co-workers because they don't speak the eff up!

But, DeafNerdyMommy, my current bf actually gets mad sometimes because I can't hear him. He still tries to act like I'm just not listening when I legit can't hear him. It's frustrating. He doesn't want to take the time to learn ASL either but, I'm trying to make it work. :/

This is true because they will never fully understand.

Yeah, I feel you guys. Sometimes I wish that he knew what I was feeling. Especially when I'm at work and I have guests trying to degrade me. I hate the phrase "Just listen harder next time." Like... Seriously? You are telling me to listen to the person mumbling when it already sounds muted to me? Thanks Upper Management.

What a douche. My Girlfriend is very very very understanding. She can't sign but she tries so hard to learn, and will always write stuff out for me etc.

If they aren't understanding, they can go make someone elses life miserable lol

Back