Great News- Accepted for CI Evaluation

Phi4Sius

Reaction score
I nearly can't believe it.

I've been accepted for CI Evaluation at the CI Clinic. They called today.

I have my evaluation in late August (the 25th).

I could hardly contain myself due to the excitement from today. I was almost literally doing cartwheels. Haha.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

:cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2::cool2:

I am happy for you. Thank you for sharing the news last night on hearing journey. You have to poke me on fb to remind me of chat. I keep forgetting and my favorite people are on there.

Let us know if you have questions about what to expect. It is a wild ride.

yeah I forgot the HJ chat last night too, whoops. but hope the evaluation goes well for ya!

Let us know how your evaluation goes! Show us your newest audiograms(unaided and aided if possible) as well as your HINT, CNC speech scores! How much out of pocket cost will you incur?

That's awesome!!!!! High five! As I said in the other thread, suggest that your audis write a letter or something making it VERY clear that you've pretty much maxed out your aid on your deaf ear, and there are no other options. NO aid of any kind is going to help you at all. You could ask your audi to say that.....b/c I do think that all but the most generous insurances are going to start really sticking to the FDA criteria for the majority of potential canidates.

Thanks everyone! I'll certainly be keeping everyone updated.

@deafdude1 - No idea on the out of pocket costs. My insurance told me all I'll incur is a small co-pay for the surgery and the implant.

@deafdyke - Gotcha on that one. As it gets closer to eval time I'll get in touch with my audie and have him do that.

Back