Got my new Hearing Aids =)

RisinDragon

Reaction score
So today I went in to my Audiologist to get my new hearing aids.

We talked about the Naida S III UPs for a while and she surprised me today. She was able to get Naida Q50 UPs.

Got them in a lovely silver color.

NpK1FM2.jpg

There was so many setting for these new hearing aids, took an hour to get everything set. While I was there I took the chance to test everything to make sure it all works.

I had T-Coil setup, so I can hear on the phone. When I went to test it, I couldn't hear a dial tone. So we had to reconnect the hearing aid and fix it so I can hear on the phone.

I ordered the ComPilot to test it out. I have to let it charge overnight before I try it out. Gonna see if the clarity is there for me. If not I'll be able to send it back and get my money back. Not sure how I feel about the box on my chest, reminds me of the dreaded adapters I had to wear in school so I can hear my teachers better.

Gonna take the next few weeks to see how they work and if they might need adjustment or tweaking. So far they are working extremely well.

Last edited:
So today I went in to my Audiologist to get my new hearing aids.

We talked about the Naida S III UPs for a while and she surprised me today. She was able to get Naida Q50 UPs.

Got them in a lovely silver color.

NpK1FM2.jpg

There was so many setting for these new hearing aids, took an hour to get everything set. While I was there I took the change to test everything to make sure it all works.

I had T-Coil setup, so I can hear on the phone. When I went to test it, I couldn't hear a dial tone.

I ordered the ComPilot to test it out. I have to let it charge overnight before I try it out. Gonna see if the clarity is there for me. If not I'll be able to send it back and get my money back. Not sure how I feel about the box on my chest, reminds me of the dreaded adapters I had to wear in school so I can hear my teachers better.

Gonna take the next few weeks to see how they work and if they might need adjustment or tweaking. So far they are working extremely well.

What are the little buttons for at top of the HA ? It look like you have a little
switch for your T-Coil setup . They're cool looking , I hope they work out OK for you. I have a push button for my T-Coil setup and I hate it.

I think you are talking about the program button. I have to click that in order to get T-Coil to work. I don't mind it. I have 4 channels I can set up. I only used 1 for the T-Coil. I don't really use the other channels much.

As you can see with the image below, what each option does.
zTdjNbI.jpg

I think you are talking about the program button. I have to click that in order to get T-Coil to work. I don't mind it. I have 4 channels I can set up. I only used 1 for the T-Coil. I don't really use the other channels much.

As you can see with the image below, what each option does.
zTdjNbI.jpg

I have a wheel to control the volume and my HA beep when the battery is getting low and there is a red flashing light too so the parents and teachers can see when time replace the battery. I wanted purple HA this time so my kids friendly , they would beep when you turned the volume up or down and that drove me nuts so I had that turned off. I don't like the push button b/c if take my HA off for a second , I will push the button and not know it and then want answer the phone and push the button and not hear anything. I can't tell what mode my HA is in at time . I always had the little switch for the T Coil and after wearing a HA like that for 40 years or so you get very use to it .

I have a wheel to control the volume and my HA beep when the battery is getting low and there is a red flashing light too so the parents and teachers can see when time replace the battery. I wanted purple HA this time so my kids friendly , they would beep when you turned the volume up or down and that drove me nuts so I had that turned off. I don't like the push button b/c if take my HA off for a second , I will push the button and not know it and then want answer the phone and push the button and not hear anything. I can't tell what mode my HA is in at time . I always had the little switch for the T Coil and after wearing a HA like that for 40 years or so you get very use to it .

I know exactly what you are talking about. My old Phonak PowerMAXX 411s were like that. Here is the image of the controls.

3t3686S.jpg

I would have to flip up to the green dot for T-Coil so I can use the phones.

I hope they are keepers for you! I wear my Oticon Streamer around my neck all the time and get very few people paying attention to it. Those that do ask what it's for, once I tell them what it does, they want one too. Some ask me if it's a medic alert button as in "I've fallen and can't get up," I always get a chuckle out of that one.

I hope they are keepers for you! I wear my Oticon Streamer around my neck all the time and get very few people paying attention to it. Those that do ask what it's for, once I tell them what it does, they want one too. Some ask me if it's a medic alert button as in "I've fallen and can't get up," I always get a chuckle out of that one.

omfg ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats awesome! I used to have Phonak PowerMAXX 411 too! Then I upgrade to Phonak Naida III UP then upgrade to cochlear implant! :D

well I really like the compilot with my TV over anything. Seriously.

While I sit 20 feet from my 42" HDTV, I know how it sounds as I have always known it at.

With the ComPilot, it makes it feel like I'm in a movie theater with the speakers behind you. Plus I started picking up things I never noticed before. Think I will keep the ComPilot for the TV.

But I do have some issue regarding getting the ComPilot to work with the Red/White RCA Connecters. I plugged it in, and nothing happens. I had to use the adapter that plugs into the headphone jack in the TV, but doing that will make the sound mute so my daughter won't be able to listen to the TV while I'm using ComPilot. I've tried to reset the ComPilot charging station and tested other RCA outlets. None of them worked. So when she's watching TV with me, I'll have to watch TV as I usually done. Gonna play around with it more and see if I can resolve it, but nothing is working right now. If anyone got any suggestions, I'm open for ideas to test it out.

I am still going to get the Direct Audio Input Boots for my Ipad Nano. I really do not like the idea of biking or taking a walk with this 2" by 4" box on my chest with the loop around my neck. Connevan's didn't have Silver, so I had to pick black. Figured it will go best with it. A good friend of mine has ordered them for me and he will be bringing them over to the States when I meet up with him and other friends in Oregon, next month. =)

well I really like the compilot with my TV over anything. Seriously.

While I sit 20 feet from my 42" HDTV, I know how it sounds as I have always known it at.

With the ComPilot, it makes it feel like I'm in a movie theater with the speakers behind you. Plus I started picking up things I never noticed before. Think I will keep the ComPilot for the TV.

But I do have some issue regarding getting the ComPilot to work with the Red/White RCA Connecters. I plugged it in, and nothing happens. I had to use the adapter that plugs into the headphone jack in the TV, but doing that will make the sound mute so my daughter won't be able to listen to the TV while I'm using ComPilot. I've tried to reset the ComPilot charging station and tested other RCA outlets. None of them worked. So when she's watching TV with me, I'll have to watch TV as I usually done. Gonna play around with it more and see if I can resolve it, but nothing is working right now. If anyone got any suggestions, I'm open for ideas to test it out.

I am still going to get the Direct Audio Input Boots for my Ipad Nano. I really do not like the idea of biking or taking a walk with this 2" by 4" box on my chest with the loop around my neck. Connevan's didn't have Silver, so I had to pick black. Figured it will go best with it. A good friend of mine has ordered them for me and he will be bringing them over to the States when I meet up with him and other friends in Oregon, next month. =)

The problem with the TV is down to your TV not the ComPilot. A lot of newer TV's don't allow the red and white connectors. I had to get an adaptor to allow it to work.

""Digital to Analogue Audio Converter

Some of the more recent televisions you see in the shops have a more limited range of audio outputs. We have seen some televisions recently with only 3.5mm, HDMI and Toslink audio outputs.

On a lot of televisions if you try to extract an audio output via the 3.5mm audio output to your TV streaming device this will mute the audio output from the television's speakers. (Others in the room will not be able to hear the TV!)

Sometimes altering the settings in the menu system of your television can override this, but not always.

If you are using a TV streaming device with such a setup this leaves you with a dilemna, you have audio output from your TV either by HDMI or Toslink and your TV streaming device may not accept either method.

The Digital to Analogue Audio Converter bridges the gap, it can accept a Toslink (or digital coax) audio input from your TV and output to female phono (red and white RCA) audio sockets.

From there you can connect to your TV streaming device via the cables provided with it.""

Only downside to the audio shoes / boots is they don't come in all colours. You can get tho, the silver audio shoe battery draws from your Audi and then just use the black audio shoes / boots. This is what I've done as I had black audio shoes. I've then kept the back battery draws as spares in case anything happens.
EDIT: The battery draws do wear away eventually which is why I like to keep the black ones as spares. I paid £2 each for my clear battery draws from my Audi which is roughly $3 to $4 each which isn't much.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Thanks NaidaUP!

If I get the shoes from my audiologist it will cost $90 each. Even she admits she has to 'upcharge' them beacuse that's how her company makes money. That's insane. While from Connevans I am able to get them for around £14.14 and VAT-FREE, and I saw your review on their site regarding the boots explaining the limitations of color options. I kinda knew I would run into that. Black goes well with silver anyway. So I'm not too worried. hehe

As for the Digital to Analogue Audio Converter, I have one in my electrical boxes, I have to find it and test it out. Totally forgot about that idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks NaidaUP!

If I get the shoes from my audiologist it will cost $90 each. Even she admits she has to 'upcharge' them beacuse that's how her company makes money. That's insane. While from Connevans I am able to get them for around £14.14 and VAT-FREE, and I saw your review on their site regarding the boots explaining the limitations of color options. I kinda knew I would run into that. Black goes well with silver anyway. So I'm not too worried. hehe

As for the Digital to Analogue Audio Converter, I have one in my electrical boxes, I have to find it and test it out. Totally forgot about that idea. Thanks for the suggestion.

If you wanted silver battery draws tho, they'll only cost around the $4 dollar mark. The audio shoe is the expensive part :) I do agree tho that black goes well with silver. Oh by the way, Phonak recommend leaving the audio shoes on at all times. They said they are made to leave on.

so I guess I'll have to manually remove the 3 prong connector from the shoes every time. Not a biggie. =)

Back