Good Day

Mac72854

Reaction score
Good morning to all, just joined the forum and a brief introduction. Was diagnosed in 1993 with NF2, lost all hearing on the left side in 1995 and the right side by 2003. In 2003 had a cochlear implant on the left side followed by a brain stem implant on the right in 2007. Look forward to sharing our stories , journeys and experiences.

Welcome Mac72854! I am new also and really learning a lot from these forums.

Last edited:
Our World Our culture has a thread back a way, late onset deafness , great stories:type:

Greetings back, little additional info. Put in papers to retire from Marines in 93', was my retirement physical that discovered the NF2 diagnosis and subsequent loss of all hearing on the left side. Military docs saved the hearing nerve for a future cochlea implant and got me 2 more years of active duty before retirement. Unfortunately the tumors had spread to the cochlea on the right side and hence the brain stem implant in 07'. Have a great day.

Welcome :wave:
I had not heard of a brain stem implant. Had to look that up. How did that work out? Is there a difference in your CI vs brain stem experience?

Back